Chapter 1

Allison

“Miss Scott? Miss Scott, it’s time to wake up,” a calm voice said. It was Martha, my so called nanny, but I rated referred to her as my personal assistant.

I kept my eyes closed and yawned.

“Two more minutes,” I said while I pulled the silk sheets a bit further up to my neck.

Martha sighted and I heard her footsteps leaving the room. That’s how it went every single morning.

When I was absolutely sure she was gone I opened my eyes, on at a time, and sat straight up in my enormous bed. My bed was placed against the longest wall in my room, right in the middle and was covered in pillows. The door, through which Martha had left, was on my left. On the right side of my bedroom was another door, which led to my walk-in closet.

I jumped out of my bed, suddenly wide awake and walked to one of the big windows. There was still a bit slowly melting snow laying on our driveway. Well you couldn’t really call it a driveway, it was more of a road that led from our gate to our house. Right in front of the house was a court with a fountain in the middle.

I smiled at nothing in particular, just because I realized once more how perfect I was, and walked to my closed. I chose a black vintage skirt and one of those new expensive tops I bought last week. Then I walked to the back of the walk-in closed, which was entirely filled with shoes. I decided to wear simple black heels today.

When I entered the kitchen, both my mom and dad were having breakfast. I was surprised because that almost never happened, usually it was just me and Martha. I walked up to the table and sat down next to my mom. Immediately after I sat down, Martha put down a bowl of low fat cereals in front of me - I always had low fat cereals in the morning - and a glass of orange juice.

I smiled at her as a thank you.

My mom looked up from her magazine and seemed surprised when she saw me.

“Good morning,” she smiled.

“Morning,” I smiled back.

My father cleared his throat and put down his paper.

“Honey, remember when I told you about that big business deal I could make?”

I first didn’t realize he was talking to me, but when my mom didn’t answer I looked up to see they were both staring at me.

“No, not really actually.”

“Oh, well anyways, next week on Saturday a client of mine is coming over to have dinner with us, and it’s very important that he enjoys himself, so please be nice.”

I nodded and wanted to continue eating my cereals, when suddenly thought of something.

“But dad, next Saturday is Megan’s birthday party!”

My dad looked up and seemed a bit confused.

“Megan? Birthday party?”

“You know, Megan, my best friend, who comes here all the time? Next Saturday is her birthday and we’ve spend the past two months planning her party!”

“Calm down sweetie, can’t she replace it to another day?” my mom asked.

“Replace it?” I was getting really mad now. “She can’t just replace her birthday mom! Like I already said, we have been planning this for months!” I realized I was standing straight up, with my hands on the table.

My mom opened her mouth to say something but then closed it again and just stared at me.

“Allison, that’s enough!” my dad said. He used his severe voice. “You will be home next Saturday to have dinner with us, I don’t care if you had other plans, I’m still your father!”

I looked at him, then I looked at mom, and then back at him.

“But… I…” I threw my hands up in anger and sighted loudly. “That is just so unfair!”

When no one replied and my parents just continued reading their paper and magazine, I turned around and walked away as loud as I could.

“Where are you going?” my mom asked when she heard me open the front door.

“To school, you know, that place I go to every day!” I yelled sarcastically and I slammed the door as loud as I could. They were going to pay for this.