Chapter Nine: Thur, Day 27

Normani opened her eyes feeling abnormally hot. It took her a few seconds but she eventually remembered the night before and how Lauren and her were inseparable yet again. Even though she's known the slightly younger girl for almost a month — and they've spent 80 percent of that time around each other — everytime a new day comes and she realizes that she is growing more and more fondly of the girl cuddling her, it's like it's the first time she saw her; well the third time.

Lauren had both of her arms wrapped around Normani's waist, keeping her pressed against her. Normani could never understand how someone could be so comfortable with another person laying on their arm for hours at a time; or how the heat she was feeling seemed non-existent to the brunette. Normani grabbed Lauren's hand that was over her, bringing it up to her mouth and kissing its palm a few times before she put it back in its original position.

She made the move to sit up just for Lauren's arms to tighten automatically so she couldn't move. Normani felt her heart skip thinking the whole time that she was up, Lauren was too.

"Lo, I'm hot."

When she didn't respond, Normani went to try to get up again just for the same action to happen. Normani giggled softly then turned as best as she could to see her captors face. She somehow grew even fonder of the girl keeping her locked up as she saw how Lauren was sleeping just as hard as she was before Normani opened her eyes. Instead of just sitting up out of her arms, since it was near impossible, Normani slowly lifted Lauren's hand over her off and set it down gently so her hand was resting on her own thigh.

This time when she attempted to get up, even though Lauren's arm tightened, because the other one wasn't over her anymore she wasn't strong enough to keep the darker girl there. Normani was in a bra and booty shorts when she got up. Feeling the immediate rush of cold hit her hot back made a chill run through her body. She ignored it though, going to the thermostat in the room and turning the heat to cool so it wasn't almost 80° in the room like Lauren liked to keep it.

Normani turned to look at Lauren momentarily to make sure she was still asleep before she threw on Lauren's thin jacket that she had on last night. She walked out the room, grabbing the ice bucket from the kitchen part of her suite before she made her way to the door, leaving the lock outside the door so it wouldn't close all the way. She figured that if the heat woke her up, then eating a few ice chips might cool her down enough to go back to sleep. And it was a win-win since by the time she would wake up, the ice would have melted mostly so she could have cold water in the morning; even with the mini fridge full of water bottles in the room.

Normani sucked on a piece of ice as she made her way back to the room. She walked in and shut the door as quietly as she could, humming softly as she chewed on the ice in her mouth. She carried the bucket into the room, smiling when she turned around and saw the dim light from Lauren's phone brightening up her face.

"Why'd you need ice at 4 am?"

Normani shrugged, walking to her side of the king sized mattress to set the ice bucket down on the bed side table.

"You were trying to kill me. I needed something to cool me down so I could go back to sleep."

Lauren smiled slightly, watching Normani come out of her jacket and throw it on the couch over in the corner. Lauren still couldn't believe instead of leaving like she was supposed to weeks ago, she decided to stay in Spain with Normani. Her parents were constantly asking her when she was coming back and she knew she had work to do, but she just wasn't ready to leave the famous actress yet. She knew she could be addicted to someone, she just never knew that it would happen so quickly.

Lauren kept staring at the overly fit girl as she climbed into the bed next to her again. Normani leaned over and kissed her randomly on her face, which wound up being right below her eye. Lauren giggled at the kiss and at the fact that as Normani did it, she took Lauren's phone out of her hand. Lauren watched amusingly as Normani adjusted her position so she was laying down but her head was propped up some by the pillows, and she started playing with her phone.