Chapter Ten: Tue, Day 32

Lauren was in a dilemma. On one hand she was borderline drunk and the water from the ocean, constantly hitting her ankles, was starting to irritate her. Looking to her right though and seeing an overly drunk Normani happily gliding through the water as if it wasn't freezing, made her smile.

That morning Normani woke up, early as usual, but excited. Normani waking up at all made Lauren open her eyes; watching Normani singing to herself softly and spinning around the room caused her to actually gain consciousness.

She wanted to be irritated but she just couldn't once that bright smile crossed her face. She watched silently, smiling as Normani half sung-half hummed through a song she couldn't remember if she heard it before or not.

"You're happy."

"I can't be happy?"

"It's just so early. Most people are still sleep."

"Oh like you?"

"Exactly. Come back to bed."

Lauren turned on her side, pulling the covers further up to her neck. She could barely focus on going back to sleep before Normani spoke again.

"Happy Birthday."

Lauren peeked her head up to see the same wide smile on her face.

"What?"

"Happy Birthday. It is your birthday right?"

"Well yeah, but how do you know that?"

Normani smiled again, happy that she was right. Then, paused and looked back at her quickly.

"I didn't stalk you."

"No?"

Seeing the smirk on Lauren's face made Normani smile as well.

"No I didn't. My fans did. They kept asking me what I'd do for your birthday today."

"Hmm."

Lauren turned so she was on her back again.

"They did."

She smiled, shaking her head slightly.

"I believe you."

"Whatever. Get up."

Lauren groaned, taking the blanket and pulling it up over her head.

"It's too early."

"I have plans though."

She heard Normani whine out. She smiled but had yet to pull the cover down. Closing her eyes and starting to relax back to sleep.

"If you go back to sleep we'll have to skip the Castillo de Gibralfaro."

That made Lauren flip the cover back down, squinting her eyes at a smirking Normani.

"Nuh uh."

"Uh huh. But you have to get up now."

She wasn't able to finish her sentence before Lauren was up and getting dressed. Lauren had only remembered mentioning wanting to see the castle briefly a while ago. So the teasing that she held back because of Normani knowing her birthday, she constantly brought up since she was able to remember one of the places she spoke about so long ago.

They spent hours at the castle. Normani going above and beyond with the trip and getting them a personal tour guide of the area. It wasn't somewhere Normani exactly cared to learn about, but seeing just how much Lauren did want to know caused her to get just as interested.

The gleam Lauren would get in her eyes when they could have a conversation about the history of anything would make it worth it to Normani.

Their next stop was something her and Normani had already experienced separately, but Normani wanted them to go through it together. Sea Life Benalmádena.