Chapter Three: Wed, Day 5

It must've been easier for people to be tourists on weekends or holidays than it was on weekdays. Because although it's the middle of May, and rather hot outside, the beach was almost empty. Lauren chalked it up to either no one wanting to see the beach or the natives not being as impressed with it since they see it everyday; which she could understand from growing up in Miami. It made things a little easier on her though, because now she had an entire section of the beach for her and Normani. Along with her not wanting Normani to run into possible fans and turning their day at the beach into some impromptu meet and greet.

She arrived to the beach a half hour early in anticipation, setting up her towel far enough away so they wouldn't get hit by the low tide. She had spray sun screen so she was able to apply it to her entire body without help. After she was finished she went to where the low tide was, standing so her feet were constantly in water.

Even though she didn't go a lot in Miami, and basically never once she moved, Lauren loved the ocean. Granted she was technically looking at a sea, it didn't change how she felt. Looking out and seeing the slight curve in the horizon, knowing even though she couldn't see it, that it kept going was what made her want to travel. Even though this trip was more forced on her, she was happy she was able to pick Mágala. Hoping soon she would be able to stand somewhere opposite of the spot she was in now and see the differences.

She didn't realize how lost in her thoughts she was until a rather big low tide hit her ankles. She headed back to her towel seeing Normani set up next to her already. She was leaning back on her hands as Lauren approached her.

"Well hello. When did you get here?"

"Just a few minutes ago; right at about noon."

Lauren nodded, sitting down on her towel and mimicking Normani's pose.

"How long have you been staring at the water?"

"If it's noon, almost a half hour."

She turned to Normani who was already looking at her, smiling softly at her raised eyebrows.

"I like the idea of the never ending sea. It's calming."

Normani shrugged a little, understanding Lauren's mindset.

"I get it. I feel the same about flying."

Lauren scoffed and turned more to Normani, leaning out on her extended hand.

"How do you like going five hundred miles an hour, thirty thousand feet in the air, with no control over if you land or not?"

"How do you like the infinities of the ocean? You being trapped in the middle isn't much different than me being trapped in the air."

"But if I'm in the middle of the ocean, I can float on my back and I'll eventually get to shore. You'll fall thirty thousand feet to your death."

"But guess what you have to look at for days while you float?"

Normani smiled smugly as Lauren tried to think of a comeback. She eventually laughed causing Normani to elicit the same reaction. Normani looked back out to the water looking at the suns moving reflection on it. After a few seconds she felt herself blush knowing green eyes were staring at her. She turned as she spoke with a smile on her face.

"Why are you staring at me?"

Lauren just smiled a little more than the faint smile she was wearing already, not answering her question.

"You want to get in the water?"

Normani looked up as if in deep thought about it before she nodded. Lauren watched her stand up, the overly large t-shirt she had on falling further down her thighs than before. It was one quick, swift motion, but for Lauren watching Normani grab the bottom of the shirt and lift it up exposing her body all happened slowly. And if that wasn't enough Normani sporting a yellow bikini, and the way they both complimented each other so well, left her dazed.