P20

.................

Janet's POV

-9am-

I've been sitting in this waiting room pacing and fidgeting for hours with Ryan, Gil and Elle's father. I had to drop Eissa off with my mother. Gil has been trying to calm my nerves and comfort me, but I was too nervous. I was too nervous. I couldn't lose her. Not like this. Were supposed to grow old together and fall deeper in love and give Eissa siblings.

Although, I'm sure she hasn't thought about it that much, I have. I want to spend the rest of my life with Elle. If I didn't, I wouldn't have filed for divorce. I wouldn't have confessed my love to her. I wouldn't have bought her a ring...

Gil had taken me after rehearsals one night, and even though it took us three hours to find the right one, we did. I slid the ring out of my pocket and stared at it.

I knew it was risky carrying it around with me everywhere I went, but I didn't want to risk not proposing at the right moment

I knew it was risky carrying it around with me everywhere I went, but I didn't want to risk not proposing at the right moment. Gil nudged me gently and brought me out of my thoughts. I glanced up and gasped seeing the doctor. I was the first one to reach him,

"Is she okay? How was the surgery? Please tell me my baby's okay..." He laid a comforting hand on my shoulder and smiled softly,

"Ms. Jackson, breathe. The wound punctured her small intestines. Nothing too major. It was a close call considering it was near her liver, but she will be fine. The surgery went exceptionally well and she's resting at the moment. Only three people are allowed at a time." I nodded and looked around. Gil smiled,

"Go on. I'll be right in here, babe." I smiled softly and hugged him. Ryan and I made our way to the room once Ray decided not to join us. Upon arriving to her room, I walked in first. The sight of her in the bed hurt my chest. She wasn't supposed to be here. She was supposed to be home with me.

She was supposed to be yanking on my braids and kissing me all over my face. She was supposed to be okay... My tears fell almost instantly. All of this was my fault. I knew there was a risk by not speaking to Wissam about the divorce first, but seeing him in person would have made things even worse.

I walked up to her and wiped my eyes once again. I was sure that I looked horrible, but that didn't matter right now. I caressed her cheek and smiled through my tears.

"I'm here, baby... I know you can't hear me, but I'm so happy you're alright. I don't deserve you. You've done so much for me." I held her hand and kissed each finger. "

Now, it's time for me to return the favor. I want to spend the rest of my years with you, baby.. I want us to get wrinkles together and have children. I want us to travel and live life to the fullest. I even want you to come on tour with me." I paused as I felt her fingers move and brush across my lips. I pecked her fingertips and smiled as she groaned softly and slowly opened her eyes.

"...Jan?" I smiled and pecked her lips repeatedly,

"I'm here, sunshine. I'm here." Her eyes connected with mine. She was in so much pain and I could tell. The meds were helping her physically, but not mentally. Ryan walked over, after giving me some space with her,

"Welcome back, E. You have no idea how much I cried. I was a lil bitch." She chuckled softly, trying to lighten the mood. A small smile tugged at Elle's lips. I kept stroking her hair as they talked. After a few moments, Ryan kissed her forehead and left. Elle stared back up at me.

"Why'd you do it?" She smiled,

"...because, I love you.." I laughed softly and cried,

"I don't deserve you, Grace..." She shakily brought my hand to her lips and kissed it softly. After that she looked back at me and smiled,

"Kiss me." I sniffled and obeyed her. As I leaned down, her lips slowly met mine. She kissed me to the best of her ability and sighed happily. Our lips smacked softly as I slid my way onto the bed beside her and laid with her. She winced as she laid her head on my chest. I massaged her scalp, just like she did to me many nights before.

She had taken care of me during my worst moments, and now it was my turn.

..............

Gil's POV

"So, you shot Wissam?" The man in front of me looked up from his phone then looked around.

"Aye, keep it down, G." I tilted my head,

"How the hell did you know my name started with a G?" He chuckled and shook his head,

"I ain't mean it like that, but yeah. I did." I shrugged and dusted my jacket off,

"Well, thanks." He lifted his eyebrow,

"For what?"

"For helping my friend." He chuckled and shook his head,

"Nah, man. I ain't do it for her. I... I did it to help my daughter." I chuckled,

"From what I've heard, you're not exactly... 'Daddy of the Year.'" He rolled his eyes,

"I deserved that. Look, you don't need to know my life story. I just couldn't let the past repeat itself." I nodded and stared at him as he drifted into his thoughts.

......................

Ryan's POV

Janet was sleeping with E, so I decided to go look for Wissam. He was still involved in this and I felt as if everyone was forgetting that. I wanted to see him suffer in jail for what he had done, but that would also mean Ray could potentially join him. I sighed and stopped at the nurse's desk. I asked her about his whereabouts then made my way there. As soon as I walked in, his eyes met mine.

It seemed as if the bullet only hit his upper chest. His expression was unreadable. He looked exhausted. I was so used to hearing about the, "drunk" Wissam, that I never knew what he was like... sober. A tear fell from his eye as he spoke out,

"I m-messed up..." I nodded and shoved my hands in my pockets.

"Yeah, man. You did."