sept

A FLIRTATIONSHIP !

"MACKENZIE, GET UP!" MELISSA, her mother, exclaims for the fifth time. She responds with an exaggerated groan as well as rolling across the bed.

Melissa was fed up with her daughter's behaviour so she walked into the bathroom and wet her hand under the tap, only to walk back towards Mackenzie's bed and splash her face. She wouldn't stop till Mackenzie got out of bed. And it worked.

Oh how evil her mother is.

After taking a shower and getting ready, she ran downstairs, grabbed her breakfast and made a beeline for the door only after saying goodbye. Yesterday after the dream situation, she went to school and luckily avoiding Johnny was easy.

He was with Audrey, and for once, she doesn't give a damn.

But, today she has no choice but to spend time with him. They are scheduled to study in the library after school, yuck the library. Kind of gives her the shivers, not going to lie.

Casually, she walks in through the unwelcoming doors of her high school and approached her friends who were waiting by her. She grabbed her books and shut her locker when Nadia looked at Kenzie weirdly.

"Are you okay?" Nadia slowly questioned her best friend.

Lauren raises one of her perfectly, filled in eyebrows. "Yeah what Nadia said," Mackenzie shook her head. How do they know her so well?

"You're being stupid, I'm fine," She smiled, which was fake. She didn't want to tell them about the dream.

"Something obviously happened, tell us!" Annie squeals, she sighed nodding her head nevertheless.

Lunch came around and Annie was still blabbering about what Mackenzie had shared with her friends. "Even though it's been like two hours, my mind still can't process that! Why didn't you tell us yesterday?" Annie spoke from besides Mackenzie, stealing a few of her berries.

"I guess I was embarrassed," She shrugged. Nadia rolled her eyes at her excuse.

"Or, you have grown feelings for him," Nadia wiggles her eyebrows in an attempt to be funny and it was.

But Mackenzie's laughter died down way too quickly, it was replaced with a face of shock. "No. That's preposterous, I don't like him and I never will. We're best friends, and that's all we will ever be. Besides, I'm avoiding him.

"Who don't you like and are avoiding?"A husky, familiar voice spoke from behind Kenzie, placing their hands on her shoulder.

Mackenzie felt her cheeks heat up profusely and the girls all smirk towards the scene that's playing out. "No body! What are you doing here, Johnny?" She muttered, not looking up to see his face.

Unfortunately, he pulled up the empty seat beside Kenzie and she had no choice but to face him. "Just here to say hi, we haven't been hanging a lot. I'll see you at the library after school though, right?"

"Sadly. I'm being forced to come." She rolled her eyes, John raises his eyebrows but shakes it off.

He opens his mouth to speak but a perky voice cut him off, their heels clacking the whole way over here. "Johnny, baby, I want some salad from the canteen. Hurry up!" Kenzie's jaw drops and all the girls have bewildered looks.

Staying silent, John sighed then stood up. "Uh, Bye, Kenzie. I'll see you after school, bye girls." He waves, muttering his words.

Kenzie couldn't process words, she simply only waved and he walked away looking quite upset. There's only one thing she can say, Audrey is a selfish, lazy human being.

She most definitely does not know what Johnny sees in her.

After school Kenzie walked up to the library, her hands were wrapped tightly around her books that she is clutching against her chest. Her heart is thumping ten times faster and she is nervous. But what for?

Kenzie doesn't regret the dream and she hates herself for that. She's a bad person for even dreaming things like this. No matter how annoying Audrey is, she doesn't deserve all this.

It's like Johnny and Mackenzie have a flirtationship, nothing more than friends yet they flirt like they are lovers, and they are most definitely not.

Her feet drag across the library's maroon coloured carpet, she smiles at the librarian then scans the study room to see where Johnny is. A smile forms on her face as she sees him.

Let's do this.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

12345 once i caught a fish alive
678910 then i let it go again
why did u let it go ?
because it bit my finger so
which finger did it bite?
this little finger on my right?
👁👄👁