Vanilla Sky: Oh, Hey Carter

Okay, so I've getting comments! Thanks guys, I really love the support! :D

I noticed how cliche this story might be, and I'm actually not disagreeing. You see I had this thought where this story would be a cute romance between opposites and most of it would be about the humor. But, to some, this is still extremely cliche and I'm just wondering if anyone would like to help me out with this? you can message me if you do! :)

Thanks, and I hope this isn't boring haha, enjoy!

END OF A/N

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was one thing Vanilla did prove to me. She was definitely not a nerd.

Yeah so she had the weirdest name and also the crazy glasses kind of put her out there, but other than that, Vanilla was far from a nerd. Nerd's are smart and internet-obsessed, Vanilla actually has a normal teenage life. Sure, she's awkward, and random but everybody has their moments.

And even if she were a nerd, she would definitely still be that sexy-chick-with-the-weird-name to me, because when I saw that she took off her glasses, she was smoking hot. She didn't need the false nails, eye contacts, false eyelashes nor did she need the make up.

 When she took off her glasses, you can see a whole different girl with beautiful round blue eyes that were outlined with eyeliner and her eyelashes were real and laced with soft mascara. Her skin wasn't perfect, but she didn't need make up to cover it up like the whole Cheer Squad did.

So, now, as she stands in front of me - glasses off, I smile. "You definitely should always take your glasses off like that, you look hot." 

The blood raced to her cheeks as she immediately put the glasses back on, avoiding my gaze. Right now she and I were sitting in the cafeteria for Lunch, where I found her sitting alone eating an apple before I decided to sit next to her. Now, I know that she loves to read, loves to eat  the Sour Patch kids sweets, and her favorite fruit is a tomato. Yeah, a tomato. I didn't know it was a fruit until now. Plus, she has a dog named Chico and she's good at Art, and Drama.

"Thanks," I heard her murmur shyly, running a finger through a loose strand of her hair that seeped out of her ponytail. "So, let me guess, you're popular and all mighty, and you also play football," she said more confidently this time, shifting in her seat to turn to look at me.

I shrugged, "Guilty."

"Plus, you're pretty self centered."

"Ouch," I remarked, before rolling my eyes playfully. "I'm not all that self centered. I know I've got the charming good looks and the intelligent brain, but I don't care just about myself you know? I think you should take the chance to get to know me better, Nillia, and you'll see what I'm really like," I calmly respond, a smile tugging at my lips as I thought of the new nickname for her.

"Sorry," she sent me a genuine smile, before taking a bite of her apple and chewing it down viciously. "So, Nillia, huh?" she rose a brow just after she finished chewing on her apple.

I was going to respond before a girl with dyed hot pink hair sat in the seat beside Vanilla, a smile sashaying on her mouth. She girl had round, chocolate brown eyes, and soft features. I noticed that it was Cynthia Reynolds, who I knew since Kindergarten - and she's been one of my friends ever since.

She nodded to me in greeting which I returned before she faced Vanilla. "Hey! I saw that you made hardly any friends other than Carter...so I thought you might want a girl friend!" 

You could tell Vanilla was frightened because of Cynthia's hyper behavior, but then a smile tug at her lips. "Sure, I really do, I'm Vanilla," she stuck out a hand and Cynthia gladly shook it.

"I know you're name, Vanilla is my favorite ice cream flavor," she shared, grinning ear to ear. "I'm Cynthia!"

"Nice to meet you," Vanilla awkwardly pushed the loose strand of hair over her head and sent the hyperactive girl in front of her a wide, friendly grin.

"Oh, and I'm Carter, nice to meet you," I retorted, just to get Vanilla feeling more comfortable which by the way, she easily did. She laughed at my joke, before Cynthia cut in.

"Yeah, yeah. You do know my Mother and I are coming over later?" Cynthia said to me, and I nodded my head as a respond. Our single Mum's were really good friends ever since Kindergarten, too, and over the years they've been getting more and more closer. I got used to Belinda and Cynthia.

"Yeah, I know. This time I'm not losing at the Ping Pong table," I chuckled.

Cynthia snickered. "Whatever," then she turned to Vanilla, "would you like to come, too? seeing as you and Carter seem like good friends already."

Vanilla hesitated. "Na, I don't know - it's oka-"

"She'll be there," I grinned.

Vanilla cut in. "I have to ask my parents."

"Good, call them now."

A/N:

Major writers block. SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE