Chapter 1 - To Kiss an A-team Girl

Chapter 1

I took my seat on the stool placed right at the center of the stage. I did not need to worry about myself giving my best, knowing the truth that I always did my best when performing. I placed the guitar comfortably on my right thigh as I made my hands comfortable surrounding it. Within a minute, I started my performance.

"Settle down with me,

Cover me up,

Cuddle me in,"

It was rather flattering on my part when I felt silence hovering inside the room. People were listening to me, only me. There wasn't a single person talking as I made sure to get all their attention.

"Lie down with me,

And hold me in your arms,"

I made sure to put all my feelings in the song. I wanted the people who were listening to my singing to appreciate each feeling hidden behind each song that I performed.

"And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck,

I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet,

And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now,"

It was a good song indeed, the lyrics were very approaching. I got to admit that the person who wrote this song was some kind of genius.

"Kiss me like you wanna be loved,

You wanna be loved,

You wanna be loved,

This feels like falling in love,

Falling in love,

We're falling in love,"

I strummed the last chord of the song, earning a loud applause from the audience. I smiled at the thought of how heart-warming it was to have your talent be appreciated by so many.

***

"How did I go?" I asked Jess, the bartender I befriended here. I was a performer here at the music bar, which I knew was not the best job in the world. But hey, I got no choice. I didn't have the money to go to college after all. Well, it was not like I intended to. There was really not a good course for me to take that could make me a successful singer.

"You were very great, as usual," he answered which made me smile at him. Jess was your typical guy with blonde hair and a hot body. Trust me when I say that every girl wanted to order him, you know what I mean. "Coke?"

"Yes, please," I answered him. He had the idea that I didn't drink that was why he knew of what to offer me. I felt a guy, who was wearing a cap and a huge pair of glasses, joining me.

"Drink?" Jess asked the guy beside me whilst he placed the Coke in front of me.

"Coke," he replied as Jess went to get another Coke.

I decided not to mind the guy beside me as I asked my friend, "Hey, Jess, do you think I'm going to make it big someday?"

"Of course," he smiled his cheeky smile at me as he poured other people's drinks. "The song you just performed today was the best one yet,"

"Kiss me?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Really? I don't even know who wrote and sang the song. I'm not even sure if that's the title,"

"What?" he asked, a little confused.

"...Yeah,"

"How'd you manage to perform it?"

"I heard the song inside the bus," I responded. "It got stuck into my head and I just figured out the chords all throughout the whole song,"

"How about the lyrics?"

"I wrote whilst listening to it,"

"You really are good," someone said which I was very sure that those words didn't come from Jess's mouth. The guy beside me was the one who spoke.

"Thanks...?"

"I think you should definitely audition for this," he then pulled out something from his jacket. He handed it to me and even though I knew that it was not that great to accept something from a stranger, I took it.

"...Audition for what?"

"Audition for being a back-up singer," he answered.

"You should take it," suggested Jess.

After thinking about it for a minute, I honestly told the guy, "I think it would be a great opportunity,"

"The audition is tomorrow at eight o'clock," he told me. "Don't be late," and with that, he stood up, ready to walk away until I stopped him.

"Wait," I called as he turned around to look at me, "May I please know your name?"

"You'll know soon enough," he said right before he disappeared from my sight.