#9

Recap:

It had barely been a few minutes, before she felt eyes boring into the back of her head. Surveying the room, she locked eyes with Jordan; she could practically see the rage pouring off of him. Not like she was to blame; he'd picked out the dress himself. Sending a smug smile his way, she ventured further into the room.

Moments later a warmth radiated from behind her as a hand slipped about her waist.

"Hestia, what the fuck are you wearing?"

Chapter 9:

Taking a break from socialisation, Hestia was walking about the room lost in her thoughts. Every time Jordan had tried to talk to her about the dress, she'd simply ignored him and walked away. She knew he'd be like this, but not so much.

She was a free spirit, one who didn't like to control or be controlled either. She was a firm believer in live and let live. Jordan had barely lasted two days before he'd progressed into controlling her. She knew she'd have to nip this habit in the bud, otherwise she'd be miserable. An independent soul, she didn't need someone breathing down her neck at all times of the day.

She absentmindedly smiled at a few relatives as she passed them by, aimlessly strolling along the room. Lost in thought, she never noticed anyone approaching and nearly jumped a foot into the air when a hand snaked around her elbow.

"Hestia." Jordan spoke in a clipped tone. As though restraining himself. He pulled her aside, far away enough to ensure a degree of privacy from prying eyes and ears.

"Yes, Jordan?" Hestia nearly smiled as she saw his tense figure relax a little as she spoke his name. He could be so adorable at times.

"What are you wearing?" He sighed as his hands encircled her waist. It was as though he always had to be touching some part of her, like an unconscious compulsion.

"What do you mean?" Hestia eyed him coyly.

"Why is your dress so revealing?" He gritted out as though he were trying not to explode. "You know that irritates me. Why didn't you wear what I picked out?"

"Sorry to burst your bubble." Hestia smoothed away the wrinkles on his jacket. "But this is exactly the dress you picked out."

"What?"

"You didn't realise it was backless." Hestia giggled up at him.

"Oh bloody hell." Jordan ran a hand through his hair as he tried to control himself. Eventually letting out a defeated sigh as he placed a soft kiss onto her forehead.

"This is what happens when you try to control me." Hestia smiled up at him innocently.

"Hestia." Jordan groaned as he crushed her to him and buried his face in the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry I was acting like an ass all this time. But my dear, You look amazing."

"Thank you." She couldn't hide the smile on her lips.

"I got carried away," Jordan sighed as he fiddled with the bracelet on her wrist. "Forgive me?"

Hestia merely nodded as she untangled herself from him. Placing her hand on his arm, she resumed her leisurely stroll through the hall. Jordan obediently fell into step beside her.