Chapter Three

*Enjoy the new chapter and comment what you think down below!*

Five years later

Growing up in a hostile, war torn kingdom hadn't been easy. Those first few weeks, all alone, except for my steed, had been difficult. I had thought of my father often, had thought of what had happened to my mother with me gone.

I knew it wasn't my fault, what had happened to my father and, with me gone from Eidraes, no one ever would. I managed to find shelter after nearly three weeks of travel, stopping every so often to sleep, to eat. I had eventually discovered a sort of sanctuary, along with a group of people. The weeks of travel had nearly ruined my fine gown, almost unrecognizable.

These villagers had taken me in, had cared for me, those long for years and I had developed close ties with two of the children my age, two young boys, named Phillip and Timothy. They had been my constant companions, my sidekicks you could call them.

I had grown up in Ostax, had changed much from the carefree young princess I had been. I had told absolute no one about my past, about who I was, or who was supposed to be. I would never be queen of Eidraes, the way my father had wanted me to be. My fated had changed, in such a short amount of time.

I spent my days carrying out task for my caregiver, an old woman who, in all the years I had lived with her, had not revealed her name to me. It had struck me as odd at first, yes, but I had come to believe in the improbable, impossible, and unbelievable. I spent my nights running around and causing mayhem with Leo and Phillip. It was nice to let go in a way I had never been able to as princess of Eidraes.

Freedom always came with a price and I was about to pay mine.