Prepped (Chapter 1)

"You can not mess this up Violet!" My mother scowled as I followed her to her sitting room.

I nodded silently i did not want to do this but I had to. There was a rack of clothing, a few boxes of shoes, styling tools and makeup neatly set up in the room. I hated this i felt like a show dog being prepped to be walked and displayed. Three women rushed to my mother who barked some orders at them, this is all she ever seemed to do. They quickly came over to me looking. Examining. Nit picking each aspect of my appearance. They looked at me like I was an alien that had just crashed to earth, something strange and foreign. One of the women ushered me into a chair in front of a pop up vanity and started brushing out my long wavy black hair. The other two talked about a "look" for me. It was all ridiculous, frivolous, who isn't capable of doing all this on their own?

"She has to look stunning at this party, we are meeting with a few potential husbands." She paused at the word husbands.

"Yes of course." stylist number one chirpped in her shrill voice. She then looked through the dress choices they had brought glancing from me to them pulling them out and critiquing them. I honestly just hoped it wouldn't revel much, not that I had much to reveal.

My body was nothing special it was not perfect in any way. I had hips that were a bit to big and breasts that didnt really manage to balance them out. I had a few rather large scares on my torso from a car accident i had been in when i was seventeen. My body was something i hadnt really accepted yet, i prefered to keep it hidden. When i looked at myself in the mirror i didnt hate what i saw but i wasnt pleased with it. I was simply nothing special covered in the jagged lines of tragedies long past. I was a relaxed jean and tee girl nothing overly put together in my day to day life. This was highly to my mothers disapproval. She always complained, why I couldn't wear something more elegant or pretty like my sisters. The stefford twins. With there tiny perfect bodies, straight light brown hair ,and cobalt blue eyes they are gorgeous without trying. They are my older sisters, both married to rich men. Trust fund kids that they had met and fallen in love with when they were young, at least if you called what they had love. Neither rich enough for our mother of course, but they were just getting their foot into the door of their pre destine corporate empire. She favored the twins over me; they were beautiful, bubbly, sweet, money hungry, self centered, and the ideal daughters willing obey mommy. We didnt have a normal family, to get further in life my family had choosen themselves over the masses, their choices were dark and twisted and always for their own benefit. I was not like them and not like the twins. I was shy, plain, and I wasn't looking to be like them i would rather shuffle into obscurity than marry off to better my parents investments. This was a big problem for Carol, my mother for she needed money and status to be happy and I was not giving her money or helping her perfect image. If she married me off to a rich man with high status her life, recent mistakes, and small scandles would be repremended in the eyes of her estemed peers. So that's what she was intendending to force me into. She was auctioning me off to the highest bidder essentially. I had no choice, well unless I wanted to be thrown away by my family, have to start from absolutely nothing, and more than likely have my image ruined. So that's what my life is. Controlled by the perverse money hungry elite.
The stylists were prepping me to be presented to these rich men of status at a galla opening tonight. I had no idea who; probably men that were sleazy, old, conceded, or anything else that would persuade them to just marry me as part of a deal. This deal would give them me and some other benefits in social circles of this little chunk of high society and my parents would receive status and whatever else they could weasel out of the bastard.

One of the stylists had started to straighten my black, frizzy, wavy mess of hair. Another started on my face. Putting on product after product to enhance my eyes she said. My eyes were a hazel mostly green but enough brown for them to be called hazel. I liked my eyes that's about it. She then worked with my lips and did some other things i kinda just zoned out. Then came the dress. It was navy and a very tight material. It clung to me and made me very self conscious. It had long sleeves and a low deep v neck line. There was a large slit up the side, daring choice condidering my legs weren't something id consider show off ready. She opened a box and put a pair of five inch black peep toe pumps in front of me. I stepped into them glad I was decent at walking in heels. Carol had made me learn how to walk in them so i didn't look like a baby dear if she ever decided to take me anywhere with her.

I looked in the mirror. Wow. I looked beautiful, for once they had done an amazing job. My eye's where a soft smokey color and my lips a deep mauvey wine tint. The dress didn't look terrible but it was too showy which made me very uncomfortable.

"Hmm good work ladies." Carol said as she walked around me. Her eyes cold and cruel.

"Thank you." they all chimed.

"Now let me slip into my gown and we will go and meet your father and the twins at the opening." She walked past the double doors to her bedroom. I let out a heavy sigh. This was it I was officially on my way to be auctioned off. I sat on a gaudy floral chair and waited for Carol. A few moments later she came out in a floor length green dress that matched her evil eyes. She looked classy and elegant just as she always did.

"Now Violet you have to make a good impression so please smile, stand up straight, and just don't make a fool out of us." She practically hissed at me.

"Yes ma'am." With that we left to the gallery.

A/n:

So this is my newest story and it's an original. Haters go away! I really like this story so support it if you'd like it to. Comment Vote do your thing.

I love you all.

XXMrs.Skeleton