Shaw (Chapter 2)

We walked toward a man. He was in his late fifties if i had to guess. Salt and pepper hair with very little pepper left, cold grey eyes, deep wrinkles around his eyes and mouth, pale thin lips set in a hard line, and a well tailored black suit.

I knew who he was, he and my father were both CFO'S at the Marks-ford offices! I never really knew much about my father's work other than he was good at it.

"Mr.Reynolds." I waved as mother ushered me over to him. 

"Violet," Those cold, dead, grey eyes of his scanned over my body.

"You have grown up so much." His thin lips curved into a smile. Eww. I felt like an animal slowly dying with vulchers waiting to peck at me. 

"Yes she has." Carol said with a smile. Mr.Reynolds from my memory had a wife and three sons. Clarence, Trevor, and Martin.

"How is Maria?" I hoped he wasn't one of the men who was willing to make this sick deal. After all he'd been a good friend of my fathers and had watched me grow up.

"She left me seven months ago." He grunted. Mother slapped my arm like I should have known.

"Oh im so sorry to hear that."I tried to sound empathetic but I knew Mr.Reynolds and it wasn't hard to see why. 

"It's fine, not much to be sorry for she was a hateful bitch." He lifted his chin. Compassionate was not a word used to describe him. 

"Oh." That's all I managed to say. I had liked Maria she made tea every Sunday while he golfed and had me and some other women over. I hadn't talked to her since they moved last September. My mother quickly started up a conversation about me and deals and I suddenly felt sick.

"Ehmm sorry to interrupt but mother I need to excuse myself for a moment." She looked at me angrily but nodded. I hurried toward the restrooms. Wanting to distance myself from them as quickly as possible.

SMACK!

Ughhhh I rubbed my head.

"Miss I'm so sorry!" I looked up at the man I had run into during my frantic escape. He had pale green eyes with no freckles of yellow or blue or even brown in them. Only a pale green. His light brown hair was dangling in front of his eyes as he bent to offer me his hand. I took it and slowly pulled myself up.

"I'm sorry." I blushed and ducked away. My head was just a little sore but my bum hurt from the landing.

I made it the rest of the way to the bathroom without incident. God I was a klutz. I looked at myself In the mirror I hadn't messed up my makeup or hair thank God. Carroll would kill me of she knew what had just happened. She'd call me an embarrassment and a shame to the family. 

I took a quick moment to gather myself. There are other bachelors, other men to meet. With a new since of calm I left the ladies room. I was walking back toward the direction of my mother when someone grabbed my arm.

"Excuse me." His voice was like silk. I turned towards the man. I looked at his lips first, perfect, a balance of plump and tapered. They were a pinky peach color and looked so soft. My eye's went upward to see green. Only green, no imperfections. 

Wait i've seen those flawless green eye's before.

"Oh, it's you!" I felt my face grow warm with embarrassment.

"Yep it's me the guy you ran into a little bit ago." His lips curved into a smirk.

"I am so deeply sorry about that, you see i was in a rush and just did not see you." Though looking at him now i have no idea how i hadn't seen him. He was, gorgeous. 

"It's ok, oh and by the way my names is Brendon Shaw." He out stretched a hand to me. I shook it lightly.

"I'm Violet Vella." He griped my hand and brought it to his lips giving it a small kiss. Somewhat cheesy but it still made ny heart flutter like a teen girl.

"Violet Vella." The silk of his voice wrapped around each syllable of my name making it sound exquisite. 

"Shaw?" Where had I heard that before. Hmmm.

"Yes Shaw as in Shaw industries." A light bulb clicked on in my head. Shaw industries, fashion was there thing. The Shaw brothers ruled the fashion and modeling world they owned managment companies, magaizens, clothing brands. Their business was the biggest one of it's kind internationally there ability to be in every aspect of the process set them apart. They had that it factor, eveything The touched turned to gold. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks.

Brendon Shaw.

My knees felt like they were going to buckle and give out. I had blindly ran into one of the most succesful self made business moguls in the world. 

"Oh!" I squeaked. He smiled at me.

"So what are you running from tonight little flower?" His warm eyes glinted for a second. My nerves calmed briefly, enough for me to think about what i was indeed running from tonight. 

"Contract marriage." I said honestly.
He went rigid. I looked at him curiously.

"I have to go." He kissed my hand once again and rushed away. I couldnt blame him that wasnt a very attractive thing to say. Id run if  i were him to. 

But damn right when I thought I was making a connection with someone who was nice and well sexy I have to bring up that impending doom that is my contract marriage. My disfunction.

I let out a sigh and went looking for the devil in green. Saying hi to fimaliar faces as i made my way  around.

"Violet." An arm snaked around my waist pulling me backwards into someone. I whipped around arm raised to slap the person when my mothers perfect manicured finger nails grabbed my wrist.

"Oh Mr.Shaw I'm so sorry for Violets behavior!" I turned around glairing at her.  I turned to look at the stranger who felt it appropriate to just grab me. 

"Brendon?" but then I saw his face. Sharp and angular. Dark blue eyes. Black hair slicked back. This wasn't Brendon, this man was a whole other story. Cold, sharp, so very gorgoues but nowhere near as inviting as Brendon.

"Wrong, brother darling." He smiled at me letting out a chuckle. His smile was that, I'm bad and you know it kind of smile. I didn't like it.

"Violet let me introduce you to Mr.Shaw." She smiled warmly as I looked back and forth between them.

"Braxton Shaw, also known as your future husband." I looked at my mother with wide eyes.  

"It's true! We already have arrangements made for a contract signing!" My mother was so happy she was practically glowing. This was too fast.

"Oh!" Was the only thing i could manage to say. The room was suddenly spinning. 

"You and him will see each other next week for dinner, but as of right now we have to leave and get my publicist to work." My mother grabbed my arm said her farewells and we were off.

The entire ride home I was silent. 

Tho i didn't speak a word my mind was racing.

I felt as tho i had sold my soul. What i really had sold was the opportunity to find true love, to be with someone who loved me for me.. i hate that she had control over me that i haven't dove more to fight this. That i hadnt been stronger.

A/n

Hello again!

Yes i know it's kinda short but if you liked it please vote, comment, do your thing.

Thanks for reading! Love you all.

XxMrs.Skeleton