Chapter 3

I can't wait for the next time someone throws a party. I just want to see her again. It seems weird since I don't really know much about her and we only talked like once? ANYWAYS. I have a meeting with my drama teacher. I walk to him and he says "I HAVE EXCITING NEWS". I have mixed emotions by now and I don't know what to think.

"W- what? what is it?" I ask.

"SOMEONE SAW YOU AUDITIONING FOR A PLAY AND THEY SAID YOU WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THIS BIG ROLE IN A HOLLYWOOD MOVIE." He says.

"OH MY GOD. NO WAY!" I tell him.

"YES, it's called 'The Red Flower'. Sit so I can tell you information about this movie." He tells me. I sit next to him both excited and nervous at the same time. Apparently it's a romance movie between this guy that is an artist. They build this love-hate relationship at college. This is the most i've been happy since the beginning of college. Thing is, i'll be traveling to another state. I won't be back until a couple of months from now. I don't know how i'm going to share the news with my friends. I'll start with Bella. I'll just text her.

Me: Bella! Hey!

Isabella: Hey what's up?

Me: I need to talk to you. Can you come over at 6pm?

Isabella: Yes, sure! I'll be there!

So I drive back home and wait until Isabella comes. Everyone in the house went on a trip to Florida and they won't be back until next week. I prepare Chinese food for Isabella and I because I know it's for sure her favorite. I organize the table and light up a candle. As i'm lighting it up, I hear a knock on the door. It felt as if my heart skipped a beat. The closer I came to the door, the faster my heartbeat became. I open the door with a fake smile on my face.

"Hey! I smell goooood food!" She says. She rushes over to the table and sits down while shoving everything in her mouth. I get a wine bottle from the fridge and poor it in both cups.

"So what's with all of this?" She asked.

"Ah, it's nothing. I just wanted to make something special for my best friend." I told her.

"Girl. No. I know you too well for this. Spill! What's the tea?" She asks.

"Well, there's this movie called 'The Red Flower'. It's a hollywood movie. The auditors saw my auditions and they absolutely loved it. I'm going to be casted a big role." I said.

"OH MY GOD! YAAAAY! IM SO PROUD OF YOU!" She says while standing up to give me a hug.

"This is amazing!! What is this movie about?" She asked.

"I haven't read the script yet but i'm sure it's going to be amazing because the writer is famous for a lot of the top movies. But from what I heard, i'm going to be in a relationship with a guy that's a part of the FBI" I tell her.

"Awhhh a guy? you're going to break Corinna's heart." She says and we both laugh.

"She doesn't even know I like her." I say.

"Whatever floats your boat." Bella says.

"Okay so back to the movie. The thing is, they're shooting the movie in Ohio." I say.

"That's awesome! Right?" She adds on.

"Yeah but i'm not going to be back for a couple of months." I say. The smile on Isabella's face turn into pure sadness. Her face starts to become red and her eyes are watering.

"But listen, it's not going to be for too long. It's going to go by so fast. We can still text and FaceTime. I'll always make time for you." I say.