Part 7 Matt

Omg I am so bad at updating... also wow I read over stuff and it's pretty cringy...oops. Sorry heh...
If you see any mistakes, let me know, and I'll fix them ASAP!

(Meanwhile)

Kevin and Kyle sat at the fire, both of them extremely stressed out, for good reason, but not really talking about it, which resulted in tense, awkward silence.

"You good bro?" asked Kevin, jokingly punching him in the shoulder.
Kyle half heartedly laughed, and shrugged, "No, not really if i'm being honest...how could I be?"
He laughed nervously.
Kevin gave him a sad smile "I know, it's stressful as hell, but we're going to get through this together, okay?"

"I guess..I just..."
He sighed again
"Never mind. " Kevin shook his head, "No, not never mind. talk to me."
"I just...I feel guilty, for stranding everyone here, it's my boat, I was driving, it was on me, I could have done better! and now i'm not even able to do anything to help!"
He looked up at Kevin, a single tear rolling down his dirty cheek.
Kevin shook his head.
"Hey, listen to me. It isn't your fault, none of this is your fault, don't beat yourself up over this. you can't control the weather Kyle..." he leaned over, and put his arm around him
"Kevin...it is, don't deny it to spare me feelings..."
"It's not your fault, and no one thinks less of you at all. like I said before, we'll get through this, together,"
Kevin offered him a warm smile.
Kyle looked up into Kevin's eyes, holding his gaze, trying to read him, trying to figure out if he was just sparing his feelings or not.
'Promise?" He asked, in a whisper.
Kevin smiled again, and pulled him in for a long, tight hug. "Promise."
Kyle sniffed, and wiped his eyes as they pulled apart, his eyes lingered on Kevin's chiseled face for a moment, but he quickly looked away.
"Thank you..I-I needed that"
Kevin patted his shoulder,
"That's what I'm here for!"
They looked Intl each others eyes again, and suddenly, Kyle came in to kiss Kevin.

"Woah! Woah woah okay calm down!" Kevin gently pushed him away, before they made contact.

"Fuck i-im so sorry I don't know what came over me, I'm so sorry. Shit, oh my god what am I doing I'm just...I'm sorry" Kyle covered his face in embarrassment.

"Hey, it's ok hun," Kevin said softly, putting a hand on kyle's shoulder. "That was just unexpected, that's all. Don't worry about it okay?"

Kyle peeked up at him through his fingers. "I want to die."

Kevin shook his head "stop that, it's not a big deal, your emotions are out of whack right now, that's all,,please don't stress out about it, again, I just didn't see that coming, I'm not upset."

Kyle nodded. "Ok...can we just...pretend that didn't happen..."

Kevin made an x over his chest "cross my heart, I won't say a word."

"Ok...

They watched the fire a little longer, the silence more awkward than it was before, until Kevin spoke up.

"So, how about we go get wood?"
Kyle's eyes widened,  "Uh...what?"
"Firewood dumbass" Kevin joked, they Both laughed awkwardly.

"That's probably a good idea, the sun will be setting sooner than we know it huh?"
Kevin nodded
"Yeah, it's best we stay prepared...oh shoot!" He sighed, "I lost my whistle! Ah well, I'm sure we'll be fine, we aren't going far anyway."

They walked into the woods together, after leaving a note for the others.

After gathering a good armful of good fire-fuel, Kyle decided to speak up.
"Hey, are we like, ok? I know I was acting weird earlier, but I was stressed and not thinking straight. Which...you already said, but I wanted to make sure..." Kyle said, as he started cutting away at a dead branch.
"Yeah, you weren't thinking very straight at all" Kevin laughed at his own joke.

Kyle threw a chunk of dirt at him. "Shut up! Like I said I was emotional ok? I don't think I even swing that way!" He pouted.

Kevin laughed
"Sorry, I couldn't help myself. You left it wide open for a joke. But no worries man, we're all good! I know I'm adorable!"

Kyle rolled his eyes "Oh fuck you."

Kevin chuckled to himself as he worked. Kyle was cute, but he didn't have time to think about things like that, plus, didn't he have a girlfriend or something? Also what if-

"AHHHHHH!" Kevin's thoughts got cut off by the sound of several men yelling, and running toward them with sticks.

"Holy shit! Help!"
They tried to fight them off, but there were too many of them, all practically naked, filthy, and strong.

Kevin kept them away from him, but did end up getting sliced a bit on his side with a spear "Aah! Shit." He held his hand to the wound.

Kyle was panicking, his back against a tree, he didn't have even a stick to fight them off with, but he was strong so he managed to keep them away for the most part, until one of them jumped on top of him, toppling him to the ground, and knocking him out.

"Kyle!" Kevin yelled, running toward him."

"Stay back you filthy mother frackers!" Came a voice from the distance, and a loud gunshot went off.
The natives gave each other frightened looks, and froze.

Suddenly a man came bursting from the shadows, clad in leather, and furs, And armed with a pistol.

Once they saw him, they all fled immediately, some even growled at kevin, but left.

Kevin sunk to his knees, out of breath.

"Thank you! Oh my god who were they, who are you?"

The man offered Kevin a hand to help him up.

"I'm Matthew Sallee, and they," he gestured to where the man had ran,
"They are the natives of this island, who are you?"