Chapter 3: The Trials

We got home to Meghan's house at 1:00 am and run upstairs to avoid the Alpha and Luna and hide in her room. Meghan, being the gem she was, already had stocked up water bottles and CheezIts.

We changed into pajamas and laid on her bed talking about our night.

"You did not make out with Jonathan!" I exclaim, throwing the pillow I was laying on at her, "You dog!"

She catches the pillow and hugs it to her chest, "It was perfect." She smiles and bats her eyelashes thinking about the moment.

I finally tell her about what happened at the lake, "There was this guy at the lake, speaking in another language. I wasn't able to see his face and then he just disappeared, it creeped me the fuck out."

"Weird," Meghan says, "Like I said, men did come here for the Claiming Ceremony. Maybe it was them checking out his Claim." She said jokingly giving me a wink.

I roll my eyes in response, "Whatever, we need to go to bed and rebound from our hangover."

I crawl under the sheets, as she turns off the lights and crawls into bed.

"Goodnight," I whisper to her before I fall asleep.

***

I wake up feeling completely fine, perks of being a werewolves I guess.

I look over at Meghan and see this sleeping beauty drooling all over her pillow with her brown curls from last night sprawled all over her pillow.

"Ew, I feel bad for you mate," laughing to my self until I feel myself being kicked off the bed falling onto the ground right on my tail bone.

"You bitch!" I exclaim, rolling onto my side rubbing my tailbone, "Owe, oh jeez you might have broken it. Yeah, I'm a goner. Is this how you plan to beat me today?" I say crawling back onto the bed to see Meghan star-fishing the whole bed.

"You know me so well!" She yells mid stretch, "Now get out and get ready. We have the trials in 2 hours." She says picking up her phone.

"Seeing if Jonathan texted you I say," I mock making kissy faces to her, "Eyy bby, some one have a crush!"

She rolls her eyes going back to her phone, "Eh no, I was just checking if he texted me to say, 'oh Meghan I still can't stop thinking about how great of kisser you are!' That's really what I want to know."

I look at her wide eyed, "You just want him to compliment your kissing? Wow, insecure much!" I get up from bed to avoid Meghan pushing me off of it and group my last nights clothes.

"Well Alpha Bitch, I will see you in two hours. Want me to drive us there?" I ask will grabbing my shoes from by the door.

Meghan sits up on the bed places her arms around her knees, "Yeah sounds good Beta Slut!"

I look over at her before I leave and she is staring off out the window looking at the trees. She looks worried about today, I can tell.

"Meghan," I interrupt, "You will be fine, don't worry."

She sighs and looks back out the window, "I just have a feeling that something is wrong this year."

I open her bedroom door still looking at her, "Don't stress about it, you're just nervous. I will see you soon okay?"

"Okay, bye Char." She says while falling back into bed as I walk out her door to head back to my house, which is just one block away.

***

"You ready sweetie?" I hear my dad ask from the doorway of my room.

Finishing up my French braid, I look over at my dad, "Almost there! I'm picking Meghan up, I will meet you there." Sitting criss cross on my bed, my dad walks over to me, "Make me proud pumpkin." Kissing the top of my head, "I don't want you to leave us yet, so kick some ass."