Chapter 1: That One Idiota...

I sighed as I stood in front of the bus stop. It was another day of school, as we were in the middle of the school year. It was bright outside, with only a few small clouds and everyone was going about their business as usual. One would say 'a perfect day'. So, it was perfect, right?

        Wrong.

        Honestly, I was bored out of my mind. Why, you ask? Well, maybe it was because no one was trying to assassinate me, nag about paperwork, or make illegal deals. Being a boss was hard work, but being normal was even harder. Well, maybe it's only me. 

        My name is Venetia Biondi. I was born in Venice, Italy as a daughter of a mafia boss; the boss of the Pericolo Famiglia no less, the number one mafia organization in Italy. So I guess it's not really surprising that I consider a normal life boring. But that doesn't mean I don't do normal things every once in a while. Like go to school. I had moved to America after some hitman tried to kill me at my own house. Luckily, I had moved before he pulled the trigger and hit my bedroom mirror instead. The stupid idiot could've at least waited until I got out of the house, if mama found bloodstains in my room she would've dragged me back from hell to kill me three times over. 

        After...uh, disposing? Yes, lets go with disposing. After disposing the hitman, I called a meeting and the famiglia decided to move me to America until they deemed Italy safe for me to go back to. So now I'm here. Where is here? Well, I'm in Michigan, Langston. Currently, I'm waiting for the bus to go to Eastern Rift High. 

        I pushed back my dark brown bangs as I pulled out my compact mirror from my backpack. After opening it, I stared at myself in the reflection. 

        Chocolate colored orbs gazed back at me, covered by glasses. I had my long hair pulled back into a ponytail with only my bangs down as usual. I snapped the mirror closed and took a fleeting glance at my outfit. A simple dark purple tank top and a cropped denim jacket with blue skinny jeans. To top it off, I wore my black sneakers. I never wore heels or sandals, only converse and those were occasional. It wouldn't be very pretty if I broke an ankle by tripping, while running from an attacker would it? Didn't think so. 

        I heard the sound of an engine, and then a honk from the school bus. I looked up and stepped onto the vehicle after the doors opened. I quickly scanned the bus for a seat, luckily finding a vacant one in the back. 

        You see, I'm not very popular. One of the reasons I got sent to America is to lay low, and that's what I intended to do so I took up the act of being a nerd. One that didn't understand English. And so, the harassment began. It ranged from verbal harassment (name calling) to physical (getting beat up). That school is lucky it hasn't gone up in flames yet. 

        I looked up to see a group of jocks enter the bus. One in particular caught my eye. Not in the attractive way, no. More like the 'I hate you so much but I can't do anything about it' way. His name was Rick Meyers. It was him who started to bully me. Before, I used to be unnoticed. I was happy with that until he decided to make me his next victim. Fantastic, right? 

        His dirty blonde hair was in it's usual messy casual style, and his sky blue eyes were the same as always. Today he wore what he usually wore, a simple t-shirt, jeans, converse, and his varsity jacket. As he passed by with his friends I did my best not to make a face and instead look out the window. The stench of smoke was still there; he must have lit a cigarette before the bus got here. I hated the smell of drugs. Just because I worked with them doesn't mean I like them. 

        The ride to school was fairly peaceful, other than that small event. The day was turning out to be a good day. I walked into the school with a good mood. Only a few people called me names, and no one pushed me around as much. I guess the good weather got to them. Before I knew it, I got through all of my classes and a smile was on my face as I walked out of the doors of that damned prison called school.  

        I walked around the corner of the building and towards the back of the school, where no one came to very often. 

        "Do you have the goods?" a familiar voice spoke. I froze, and peaked around the next corner. 

        Standing there was Rick, and another man. The man wore normal clothing, but he just didn't seem normal according to my instincts. I kept my hands near the insides of my denim jacket. I had duct taped a pistol on my right, and a switchblade on my left. I still am amazed at how effective the duct tape is. 

        "Yes. The Lupo is very happy with your cooperation. Keep this up and you'll be a regular customer." the man spoke, grinning. Lupo? The Lupo Famiglia? 

        "Yeah, yeah. Just pass the weed." Rick muttered, obviously impatient. 

        The man nodded and reached in his trench coat. If I leaned a little closer, maybe...

        Thud!  "Merda!" 

        I cursed in Italian. I had taken a step forward and slipped on a pebble. A fucking pebble. I mentally groaned as the two whipped their heads towards me, eyes wide with surprise. 

        "Hey! Nerd!" Rick exclaimed in recognition. Nice, at least he knew who I was. Even so, maybe the Lupo guy won't-

        "Shit! The Pericolo Capo! Why the fuck are you in America?!" he shouted. Well,fuck. 

        I quickly stood up and pulled out my gun, pointing it at the Lupo member. Well, I wasn't sure if he was one but better safe than sorry, right? "Shut up! Why the fuck are you in America?" I shot back. 

        "Woah! What the hell?!" Rick yelled, putting his hands up, a scared expression on his face. "I-I thought you couldn't speak English!"

        "Yeah, well, everyone assumed that. No one really asked if I did or not," I murmured, not taking my eyes off of the man. The man's finger twitched towards his coat, and a second before he pulled out his gun, I pulled my trigger and shot his arm. He screamed and clutched his wound with his good hand. "Here I was, thinking that I was going to live normally for a while. Ah, well. I was getting bored anyways."

       "W-w-what do you want from me?" he stammered as I walked forward, towards him. He stepped back and tripped onto his back, but his eyes never left mine. I smirked. 

        "Tell me why the Lupo are here." I demanded. Now, it was a conversation between two mafia families. That meant business, and business meant seriousness.  

        "No!" he denied. Well, at least he wasn't like most of the other pawns. The others would have broken so easily by this point. I stepped on his wounded arm and pressed it to the ground. 

        "Tell me." I spoke coldly, and scowled when he shook his head once more. I applied pressure on his wound and he yelped. 

        "O-ok! Ok! We're meeting up with a-an ally!" he spit out, trying to get my foot off of his arm, but to no avail. 

        I clicked my tongue in annoyance. "Tsk. Who's the ally?"

        "I don't know! I don't know, just let me go!" he whined in pain. I glanced at the pool of blood on the concrete, then at his pale face. He wasn't going to make it anyways, and as a boss I have to dispose of any valuable information that might get to enemy hands. I stared at the man. The fact that he knew I was here was enough evidence. 

        "...Hey, what's your name?" I asked him, never breaking my gaze away from his trembling form. 

        "C-carl Landers."

        "Do you have a wife? Kids?"

        "Yes and n-no..." he answered, confusion evident. 

        "Huh. Well, I can't let you go. But I can do one thing..." I raised the pistol at his head, and his eyes widened. "I can end your misery." 

        Bang!

[Merda = Shit - Italian : Capo = Boss - Italian]

[Well, there's the first chapter my darlings! I hoped you liked it, should I continue? Please comment, or like, or follow~ Either one is fine! Tata for now!]

[!WARNING! : Langston, The Pericolo, and the Lupa do NOT exist! Well, as far as I know.]