Chapter 2: Welcome to My World

I glanced over at Rick and sighed. Now I had to deal with him, but how? I just can't take him back to the base with me. Wait a minute...actually. That wasn't a bad idea! I smirked as Rick stood rock still, not making a single movement in fear of me shooting him.

        "Hey, Rick." I called, and mentally laughed as he stiffened.

        "Y-yes?" he squeaked out.

        "Follow me. And if you try to run, I'll make sure you won't be able to use your legs for the rest of your life."

        "Ok!" he whimpered. Funny, how I used to be the one "whimpering" in his eyes.

        I stopped in front of the school gates where there were only a few kids left, waiting to be picked up by their parents, and put my gun back into my jacket and started walking, making sure he was walking in front of me. I took out my cell phone and called Alvise, my right hand man who had also come to America with me as my protection and "Caretaker". Honestly, he was only three years older than me.

        I waited as the phone rang and almost immediately he answered, "Yes, Decimo?"

        "Don't call me that, I told you I hate being called that. Anyways, I want you to pick me up at school today. It's important. And make sure you bring the car with bulletproof windows."

        "Sure thing. And darling, all of the cars have bulletproof windows." he replied through the phone, chuckling.

        "Right. Forgot."

        After exchanging a couple more words, we hung up and I turned back to Rick who, interestingly, still had his hands up. I laughed, "Relax, dude, I'm not going to kill you. I don't do that to innocent people. Well, technically not innocent since you were buying drugs, but I'm not exactly innocent either." I muttered the last sentence.

        He looked at me with cautious blue eyes and slowly lowered his hands, "So you're not gonna kill me?"

        "Nope. Just don't run, or else I'll break your legs. Like I said earlier."

        He let out a small breath of relief but still didn't completely relax. "Where are we going?"

        "To the base."

        "What am I going to do there?"

        "Give me information about the Lupo you've been buying from."

        "What did he mean by 'Pericol' or whatever? What does 'capo' mean?"

        "Boy, you ask a lot of questions don't you. And it's Pericolo not Pericol. Capo means...I'll tell you later."

        "Can I leave?"

        "No. Good try," I smirked as his hopeful expression was wiped off his face. I did just tell him not to leave, stupid kid. I glanced at the car that pulled up and my smirk turned into a grin. "Our ride is here. Get in."

        Rick opened the door and quickly got inside, I guess he was still scared I might shoot him, and I closed the door to the back. I got into the passenger's seat and buckled my seat belt.

        "No hello? And who's the boy?" a familiar voice greeted.

        I turned to a redheaded boy who had vibrant green eyes and smiled. "Hey Alvise. I'll tell you on the way to base," I glanced at Rick as he fidgeted in his seat and threw a blindfold at him that I found beside my seat for events like these. "Put this on. I better not see you peeking out of it."