85

We were the last people to get backstage, but it was an advantage because we got more time to meet Lil Xan.
"Well what do we have here? Y'all  are a bunch of cuties. Jenners? Damn, didn't know y'all listened to me. And you're the blonde girl from the Insta pics with them, Ananstasia right?" He smiled at them all as they nodded, ecstatic. For once, they're the fangirls.
And then he stopped at me.
"Vanessa Larkin, model, runs with this crowd, shitty boyfriend on/off with, gorgeous, my future girlfriend." He winked. I snorted.
The girls shot me a glare.
"That shitty boyfriend and her broke up again today, and she refused to find a rebound through all those people down there." Stassie pointed a finger to the empty out below the stage.
"It's cool, it's cool. My girl broke up with me last week too."
"You had a girl? What?"
"Yeah. She controlled me. My insta, my social life, everything. Then I guess she figured out I can't be controlled." He chuckled.
The girls looked at me.
"We're gonna go get some food. Over there." They smiled and ran.
There's no food table over there.
I sat down in the foldable chair set up by a table in the middle of the room.
"You cute." Xan said as he sat down across from it.
"I know."
He rolled his eyes. "I know your type."
"Huh?"
"Look, this is just from an outsider perspective, but you're not tied to him. You broke up. You don't owe him anything. What's he doing right now, Vanessa? Do you know?"
I took out my phone and pulled up G's story. Xan watched it and shook his head.
"You wouldn't be here right now if he hadn't ditched you, correct?"
"Look, Lil Xan, I don't know how you know all this, but it's pissing me off, cause I wanna know." I laughed.
"You can call me Diego. Hand me your phone."
I did.
Why? Why did I just do that?
"I'm putting my number in as a surprise." He laughed under his breath.
"Call me if you want a different kind of... perspective." He winked.
"How many hoes you pull that on tonight, Diego?"
"0. Cause something about you says you're not a hoe. You're one of the good ones, Nessa, and I'm sorry G couldn't see that. We all gotta grieve, with hoes or without, and this time, I'm choosing without. Imma find me a good one, and I think I just did." He grinned.
You're an idiot, Vanessa.
I grabbed his arm before he left and grabbed the Sharpie in his hand.
I wrote my address on his arm.
"The girls will drop me off here around 2. Be there." I winked.
His eyes grew wide.
"I hate to break it to you, Diego, but we have a little hoe in us." I smiled. "If you're not there, oh well."
I walked to the exit.
"Ness?"
I turned around. "Diego?"
"I'll be there. Tell the girls to get your ass home."