Chapter Two

The last thing I expected was to wake up in a cell.

How did I get here? I ask myself.

Don't ask me. Selena said.

I wasn't talking to you. She huffs and goes back to her corner.

I look at my surroundings and notice a guard snoring in a chair off to my right.

Smiling, I straighten up, but when I try to stand my legs wobble. What did they give me? I cautiously walk to the cell door and stick my hand between the bars.

Feeling the lock to see what kind it is, I gasp when a searing pain makes me snatch my hand back. Silver. I have no clue how I'm going to get out of here.

I clear my throat and watch as the guard stirs. Clearing my throat again, this time his eyes snap to mine. His face is bored and I want answers.

"Where am I?" I ask him. My voice cold.

"You are in the palace dungeons. Every one was supposed to report to the palace when we captured your pack nine years ago. Since you didn't, you're here." He replied smugly, reaching for his beer.

I sneer and bite back a reply. No use in wasting my breath in him anyways. That's when I change my mind, I've got nothing to lose. "Where's your mate, couldn't handle your excessive drinking problem?"

His face hardens while his eyes look hollow. "She died. You don't need to be such a bitch." He snaps, taking a long swig from his half drank bottle. Shame fills me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a bitch. Actually, I did. But I get really angry some times." He doesn't reply, just stares vacantly at the wall.

Heavy footsteps run down a set if stairs to my right.

"I need to see her, you don't understand." I don't know what they are talking about, but suddenly a guy storms in the room with a guard trying to grab him. He looks around and my nose is filled with the most intising smell ever. His eyes lock onto mine and we whisper.

"Mate."

Oh hell no, I thought. Why did I have to have a mate? Why can't I live my life alone? He smiles and walks over to the guard that I was just calling to and grabs the key. He quickly unlocks it, making sure not to touch the silver.

The door opens and he saunters inside. My first thought was to run into his arms, my wolf silently agreeing with me. Instead I scramble back. A hurt look passes over his face, it is gone as quickly as it came. He continues walking towards me until my back is pressed against the wall. He bends down until I can look into his eyes and I find myself lost in the swirling icy blue.

He exposes my neck and I see his canines grow longer. I panic and I swing my legs and knock him over. Scrambling up, I am stopped by the two guards. They hold my arms behind me and I see my angry mate coming for me. I scream as his teeth sink into my neck.

My wolf and I thought at the same time, we will never forgive him. We'll, my wolf was in heaven, but she didn't want me to feel alone in this.

I wake up in a large bed with sunlight pouring in through open balcony doors

I wake up in a large bed with sunlight pouring in through open balcony doors. His smell coats everything. The white sheets, light blue comforter. Who the fuck does he think he is? Our mate. Selena whispers inside my head.

Screw mates. I clamber out of his stupid bed and rip the curtains off the windows. Smiling I begin the fun task of destroying his few possessions.

After every glass, picture, and anything else is ruined and smashed I look at my work. Smiling I admire the masterpiece. I decide to take a shower to wash off the blood where I was nicked by the broken trinkets that lay scattered by my feet.

I grab his clothes and use his soap. The water is warm when I step in and I scrub my scalp with his high-end shampoo and conditioner. I rinse and begin the search for his body wash when I see women's soap in a corner of the shower. Oops.

Wait, why does he have women's soap? I rinse off my body and step out into the cold air. Shivering I hop around on one foot while trying to put my clothes on.

Right before I walk out I hear a growl and freeze. Oh great, I think. He pounds on the door and I shake. "Open this door or I will tear it off the hinges and I won't be so nice with you either." he says in a deadly tone.

I scramble to open the door. I swing it open and smile at him. "Yes." I ask.

He points behind him and I already see maids cleaning up the mess. Guilt sweeps through me, I didn't realize that they would have to clean it.

After they finish he lunges at me and pins me on the floor. He growls as I struggle. "What the fuck do you think you were doing." He grinds out.

"Making you mad. You bit me, without my consent and you expect me to be okay with it. I'm sorry I'm not like the other girls who swoon and would voluntarily give up their will, their body, to some jackass who thinks he's better than everyone else." I reply, still trying to wriggle out of his grip.

He tightens his hold and I see shock in his eyes. "You will listen to me." He smirks.

"No I won't." I scoff. His head dips lower until it meets the spot where he marked me. Before he knows it, I knee him in his dick. "It's not going to work in me." He holds his jewels and glowers at me. "Someday it will."

I get up but end up tripping on my towel and go crashing to the floor.

His whole body starts shaking, slapping his arm I say, "don't, that's not funny." He continues laughing and soon I join him, feeling at peace until I remember that his father killed my old life.

I push him away from me and scramble away. "What's wrong?" His concerned voice follows me out of the bathroom. I shake my head and climb into the cold bed. He sighs and leaves.

When I wake up I notice large arms wrapped around me. I turn to face him and my breath hitches as I see his face. Slowly my resolve to hate him weakens, until I don't hate him at all. I mean it isn't fair, his father was the one that killed them not him. I enjoy his warmth for as long as I can, because soon he will hate me.