Chapter Ten

Samantha's point of view

I go to bed thinking about his last words to me. We'll see. Yeah, you'll see, my foot up your spoiled ass. Ugghhh, he makes me so mad. Why can't he just go back to his fucking castle and leave my life alone. It's hard enough dealing with him here, and I have to deal with him for two more weeks.

I sigh and climb out of bed, another night wasted. What a jackass, does he not realize I need my sleep. He makes me uncomfortable, I mean, who wouldn't knowing their mate is close by but having another man mark you. I was so stupid and naive, but I'm not that little girl anymore. Am I?

My feet make no noise as I walk through the empty halls of the castle. I pull my robe around me tighter, it's really cold out. I take too many turns until I don't know how to get back to my room. I open a side door and a chilly breeze makes me shivering. It's the door to the royal gardens.

My eyes take in the beautiful sight before me. Roses climbing up stone walls, hedges lining brick walkways. Fountains placed throughout the garden. Tulips and lilies grow along the path, and behind them are daisies and sunflowers. Poppies, peonies, all different types, too many to know all of them. The vibrant colors all smash into one large dream of colors and hopes. Love and betrayal. Trust and lies, yet behind it all, a different story happens. One that I would rather not get into.

I wake up in the gardens, so all of that wasn't a dream. Huh, well, that's surprising. "Miss, are you alright?" A gardener comes up to me and asks. I clamber to my feet and try to make myself look more like a queen. "Um, yes, I am quite alright just enjoying the fresh air." I say, smiling. I quickly walk back to the door that I had went out the night before. How did I fall asleep out there? I should at least remember laying down. But I don't.

I find my way back to my room, after taking many miss turns and having to be redirected by the maids bustling through the wide corridors. I yank open my handle at last and rush inside. One look at the mirror and I almost yelp. My hair is a mess. I'm surprised people were even talking to me.

I quickly comb through my hair and since as I reach huge knots in my normally knot free hair. I untangle my hair with my fingers before finishing with the comb, having long hair isn't always the best, maybe I'll get it cut.

I put on my dress and open the door after one quick glance in the floor-length mirror. By quick I meant a couple of minutes making sure everything was perfect. Which it was. I open the door and am met by a strong chest. I scramble backwards and look up at the creep standing outside my door. I am met with icy blue eyes and instantly become lost in them. I feel as though I am flying, dancing, laughing, crying, all at the same time. How can he make me feel like this. Suddenly a hand is in my face and I swat it away.

"I was only trying to help." His deep voice sends waves of heat coursing through me. Pathetic.

"I wouldn't of needed help if you hadn't of been standing outside my door like a deranged stalker." I snap back, he's already ruining my day.

"Yes, because every deranged stalker wants to be waiting outside the lovely Samantha's doorway, hoping for a glimpse of the brattiest queen ever." I glare at him and he lifts an eyebrow. I stick my tongue out and the corners of his mouth tip up.

I grab his hand and shocks flow through me. Just accept him already, you know you want to. I'm sorry, you're getting mine and your feeling mixed up. I live a separate life from him, and I want nothing to do with him. Uh huh, sure you don't, keep lying to yourself. I ignore her but I know she is right, but I can't let him be apart of my life. We're a bad mix.

I close my door and turn my back to him. "Breakfast is this way." His pace quickens until it matches mine. His shoulder brushes mine and I know he did it on purpose, either way, it still made me shiver. I glare at him and he grins. Then his hand brushes mine. I ball my fist and swing it at his face. Shocked he stumbles and holds his face. "Don't touch me again, your Majesty, or I'll personally hang you." His mouth is gaping open and I smirks at him. He didn't think I had he balls to punch a king. Showed him.

I enter the dining hall and silently take my place beside the man that calls me his mate, while my actual mate sits across from me. His foot kicks mine while the servants lay food out in front of us. I openly glare at him until the king coughs, my head snaps to his. "Is something wrong, my dear." I shake my head no and begin eating. The food is delicious and it takes my mind off of the gorgeous man sitting across from me. Wait... gorgeous, he's not... no I didn't think that, that was my wolf. Why does my life have to be so damn complicated?

Dinner is the best thing I have tasted, it always is. No matter how many times I eat the food, it never seems to amaze me how well prepared it is. Roast that falls apart when it hits your tongue. Gravy the perfect amount of creaminess on my potatoes. Buns with melted butter that tear apart with the slightest touch. And dessert, oh my gosh, so good. Pies, strudels, cookies, everything and anything is layed out before us after each course.

After I am stuffed full I pick up a crisply folded napkin and wipe my mouth and hands. My back is straight and for a minute I let myself get lost in the conversations happening before me. Then I remember the problem that I so desperately want to get rid of. The thing I hate the most is having something I can't solve with ease. And right now, I'm having trouble separating what my mind and body wants.