Chapter Thirteen

If you would read a book called The Mute Mate by Vsdninja I would appreciate it. It is really good.

I am really happy by how much progress my book has made in the short time it has been published. Thank you to everyone reading it.

Samantha's point of view

My fist slams into the wall, plaster rains down over my bruising fist. I scream in anger. He marked me and then had the audacity to call me his. Who does he think he is?

"Ugghhh!" I yell. I swipe perfume and antique glasses worth a fortune off my vanity. I watch as they hit the ground and shatter. Why did I let him do it?

I slam my head into the window in frustration. That's when I hear a knock on my door. I grab the closest thing to me and chuck it at the locked door.

"GO AWAY, I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU!" I scream at him. Frederic has been "checking up on me" for the past hour. Probably scared I'll run away.

I hate him, and I was tempted to tell him that. But the love in his eyes stopped me. I know if he wasn't looking at me I would've said it. I hate the whole male gender. They don't understand us girls.

I stare at the remains of my once clean bedroom. Glass shards, torn pictures, clothes. About everything in my room is either broken or ruined. Great, something else for me to deal with.

I climb into my unmade bed and yank the covers to my chin. Tears threaten to fall, but I refuse to allow them to. I hate crying, to me it is a sign of weakness.

The door is broke down, and before the intruder knows it, I have them pinned against the wall with my forearm pressed in their necks. Can't surprise me. I guess that I was wrong, he did surprise me. I didn't think he was this stupid to come into my room after what he did.

"What are you doing in here?" I say as I press my arm farther in.

"I'm getting back at that lovely mate of yours." He gestures at me. My arm slips as he says that and he instantly slams me into the wall.

"Get off of me!" I say, pain exploding to through my body. His rough hands grab my throat. His bare skin is touching me, and that's when I realize I don't feel any sparks. And Frederic's hands are softer than this guy's. But if this guy isn't Frederic then who is he. It would have to be Frederic, he looks just like him.

"Who are you, what do you want from me?" I rasp, his hand making it hard to talk and breath.

"I am your wo-" I don't give him enough time to finish.

"FREDERIC!" I shout at the top of my lungs. I hear feet pounding on the stairs leading to my quarters. The door is pushed open again but the intruder has already escaped out of my window. I point at it, still trying to regain my breath.

"Dammit!" Frederic yells as he slams his fist into the other window. Well, guess I can't sleep in here anymore.

Frederic walks up to me and gently grabs my shoulders. His eyes bore into mine.

"Did he hurt you?" The venom in his question makes me flinch.

"He choked me." I reply, I can't look him in his eyes.

He glances at the wreck, "then what is this?" He says flatly.

"Um, I got mad." I say, sheepishly. Then I remember the guy's face.
"Frederic, he looked just like you?" I question.

His mouth gapes open and he runs his fingers through his curls. He starts mumbling to himself and I lean forward to catch what he is saying.

"... can't be, years ago." He mumbles. Confused, I wrack my brain for something that happened.

"Uh, Frederic, do you know who that was?" He sighs and sits us both down on my bed. The only place without any glass on it. I'm so glad royals wear shoes all the time.

"If I understood you correctly, that man is my brother. My twin brother, Thomas. He was exiled years ago, before I met you. He was in line for the crown but he did some stuff. When he realized they weren't letting him back in his rightful place, he swore he would take it from either my father or I. Whichever one was on the throne." He states, his hands gripping mine.

"And now he's after you." I finish for him. He just nods and I let him be held captive by his thoughts. We have two entire kingdoms to run, separated by an ocean. And now an assassin looking for any way to get the throne for himself. Even if it means killing his twin's mate.

He has a messed up family. I think the only sane one is his mother. But I don't know her very well either. She could be as crazy as the rest of them.

Now that there is an assassin after me, I'm going to have to stay here. Just for the extra security guards of course. Not because I want to. My wolf definitely wants to, I can tell you that much. She was so excited when he marked her. I just hope he will treat me with the respect that I deserve.

Because if he doesn't, Goddess knows he'll have something else coming. The one thing I hate about guys above everything else is that they treat girls like shit. I could beat all your asses.

Most guys nowadays aren't like that, though some are. My brother is like that and I want to punch him every time. I asked him to dry the dishes I had just washed and he was like: " that's women's work." I was like oh hell no. I had to walk away before I threw him out the window.