Mine!

(I listened to this song while writing this chapter. It really helped me set the mood. I also don't own any of the pictures or video in this book. Sorry it took so long to write this chapter.)

 Sarah's POV

After I had healed enough from the accident, we made plans to rescue T'challa. I would get the team into the base and distract Edelina. They would use my access codes to get to the cells. Hopefully, I could keep Edelina distracted enough.

We landed the camouflaged quinjet a few miles away from the base. I had put on my full Captain Hydra armor, much to Steve and Bucky's disappointment. I hated Steve's look of disappointment along with Buck's look of mild horror at the ghost of his nightmares displayed on my chest and shield.

 I hated Steve's look of disappointment along with Buck's look of mild horror at the ghost of his nightmares displayed on my chest and shield

'Just a little longer,' I thought, 'and I can break off from the cruelty I had been taught.'

I marched to the facility, full of purpose. I scowled at the guards who scrambled to open the door for me. My boots thudded through the cold metal halls. 

'Were they always this cold or was I just used to them?' 

The thought made me shiver with disgust at the person I had become. How far I had strayed from the little girl Stevey and Buck once knew. I was disgusted with myself.

I looked at the banners around me as I made my way to the throne room. In each one, I saw the face of the Red Skull. The lying scumbag I had once seen as my father. 

'Bastard. I will never serve in the name of that monster again.'

I felt a prick in the back of my head. I groaned as a deep growl echoed through my brain.

"Foolish girl!" 

The pain in my head disappeared as I tried to understand what had just happened. I looked up and saw the throne room doors and heard voices beyond it. No time for that now I suppose.

Bracing myself and setting a blank look on my face, I threw open the throne room doors. In front of me, Edelina was sitting on my throne and dishing orders to the soldiers. She was interrupted by my loud intrusion and all the soldiers freeze in fear. 

'Perfect. I don't even have to come up with a distraction.'

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked in a dangerously calm voice.

"Ma'am! I don't know what you mean?" Edalina immediately answered, moving off of the throne as fast as possible. I saw her fists curl.

"Oh come now Eddy," I scoffed, "I know you want to say something to me. Come now let it out."

She stilled, her body clenched and her eyes flashed with malice. I knew her groveling was all an act.

"I hate you."

She said it quietly and I watched from the corner of my eye as the others in the room filled out quickly.

"You. The soldier, my grandfather never shut up about during the short time he was still alive. Oh, he loved you. His perfect creature. A notion that was, of course, passed on to my own parents. A fact I was reminded of my whole life. 'You should be more like Captain Hydra. You need to fight more like Captain Hydra. How can you be so weak? Captain Hydra is far stronger than this.' Their precious queen. How I hated you! They gave you the throne! The throne was supposed to be mine! MINE!"

(Warning: first time writing a full-on fight scene. Comment how I did [sweatdrop] Prepare to cringe :P)

As Edelina screamed she charged at me. I threw up my shield as she pulled out a knife. Sparks flew as steel met vibranium. I used all my strength to push her off as I dropped into a roll. We both slid to a stop and my face hardened as Edelina's twisted with hatred. I pressed to trigger on my shield causing the blade to pop out and line the shield.

Edelina growled at me and threw a punch toward my face which I blocked with my shield. I winced at the crunch of bone as her hand connected with unyielding metal. She screamed but still quickly recovered. I tried to swipe her legs, but she jumped and threw a roundhouse kick. I blocked with my forearm and smacked my shield into her face. Blood streamed down her face and I knew I had broken her nose.

She spit out a wad of blood and pulled out a gun. She fired and lifted up my shield. I heard two shots hit the shield before a third tore through my leg. I grimaced at the pain and quickly threw my shield at her. The blade tore through the hand holding the gun, cutting it off at the elbow.  Her scream echoed through the throne room and she fell to her knees. I activated my magnetic bracelets, calling my shield back to me.

The comm in my ear crackled, "We got T'challa."

I walked slowly to Evelina and squatted in front of her, " I guess your parents were right."

I knocked her out with a left hook.