⊿ 1|| the one where she runs

"I think it's time for you to leave

"I think it's time for you to leave."

.+**+.+**+.+**+.

"I hate motels." Morgan muttered, sighing, she placed her stuff down on the couch of their motel room. Morgan walked around the room, opening all of the doors to make sure someone wasn't hiding inside, a strange habit that she'd developed since the incident in Kentucky.

The couple had stopped about two hours away from Mystic Falls at a small motel just off the interstate. The sun had set just a few hours ago and Johnny decided it was time to stop, seeing as he was the one driving.

"I know you do." Johnny replied sleepily as he laid down on the bed, shoving his face between the pillows. "But we have to sleep."

Morgan just nodded and laid down next to him, throwing a leg over his torso as she cuddled him. As thought after thought crossed her brain, Morgan moved closer to Johnny, attempted to find security in his warmth.

"Nails." Johnny muttered. Morgan's eyes snapped open as she lifted her head to look at him, his eyes still peacefully shut.

"What?"

"Your nails." Morgan then looked at his shoulder when her hand was and saw that her hand had formed a claw shape, her nails deep in Johnny's shoulder. Morgan immediately removed it and muttered a sorry as she turned to lay on her side, her back facing Johnny's.

Morgan shut her eyes once more but then snapped then back open. She flipped onto her back and stared at the ceiling as she sighed. Morgan just couldn't put her mind on pause.

Completely giving up on sleeping, Morgan sat up and went around the bed to Johnny. She placed a kiss to his forehead, gently ruffling his hair. Morgan then removed his shoes from his feet, seeing as how he had forgotten to removed them when he got into bed.

"I'm gonna go for a walk, okay." Morgan said as she slipped on her jacket and tied up her hair into a low ponytail. "Clear my head."

Johnny incoherently muttered his reply, making Morgan chuckle as she stepped out of their room. With one last glance at her boyfriend, Morgan gently shut the room door.

The couple had decided to a room right next to the ice machine on the first floor, seeing as how Morgan tended to crunch ice when she was anxious. With light feet, Morgan approach the ice machine, grabbing ice with the disposable cups next to it. After filling two cups with ice, Morgan shoved some in her mouth and closed the machine, leaningon it with her eyes closed, just thinking.

And somehow, every single one involved Bonnie.

Suddenly a hand was on her shoulder, making her straighten up automatically as a familiar British accent rang in her ears. "Could I possibly bother you for some ice?"