⊿ 3|| the one where there's tea

"I thought you were going to be a crazy cat lady

"I thought you were going to be a crazy cat lady."

.+**+.+**+.+**+.

Morgan sat at the bar, her head in her hands, tears evident in her eyes. Damon Salvatore looking at her with a pained expression. The two were sitting at the bar alone. Alaric left just a few minutes ago to find Jeremy, once the bartender had informed them of his firing.

"I can't believe I wasn't here for them." Morgan looks up at Damon, her eyes red. "Jeremy and Elena lost their parents, lost adorable Jenna. Bonnie lost Grams. Matt lost Vicki. I added to their pain by not being here for them. I was supposed to be here for them."

"It's not your fault. You didn't know any of this would happen." Damon tells her solemnly, sliding over a shot of tequila. Morgan looks at it for a second before pushing it back.

"I can't. I gotta find Bonnie and- and my sweet, little Jeremy. The doe eyed, innocent Elena. Caroline who is probably crumbling under the weight of it all. She's never been all that good with her emotions." Morgan sighs and stands up. "Thanks, Damon. For telling me." Morgan says with a sad smile, placing her hand on his shoulder as he smiles back at her. Instantaneously, a cold feeling rushes over her body, leaving her eyes wide and goosebumps all over her body.

She keeps the smile on her face, though now stiff. Morgan walks out the door quickly, pulling her phone out to ring Johnny. Before she can punch in the numbers, Johnny's car pulls up right in front of her. Morgan slides her phone into the back pocket of her jeans before scurrying over to her boyfriend's car. Johnny immediately pulls Morgan into a hug the second she closes the car door, holding her close to him to console the both of them. Morgan snuggles into his chest, allowing his musky scent to roll over her. 

After a few seconds, Morgan pulls away. "I was in there and I ran into a man who told me all about the youngsters ..."

"...But?" Johnny replies, noting the look on Morgan's face

"But turns out he's a vampire. A vampire who knows all about Bonnie and her friends. " Morgan sighs, "And now I have to kill him."

.+**+.+**+.+**+.

Morgan and Johnny had been driving around Mystic Falls for the past 2 hours. They had driven around town looking at the many neighborhoods from behind the tinted windows of Johnny's car, Morgan trying to build up the courgae to go home.

Morgan was 20 the last time she drove through these streets. Her time away from Mystic Falls had changed her and she wasn't sure if it was for better or worse. All Morgan knew was that she was not the same small town girl she was when she left.

"Ready to go see Bonnie now?" Johnny asks softly, giving the girl's thigh a squeeze. Morgan gives him a tight lipped smile and nods.

Morgan now stood outside her childhood home, warmth flooding her body as memories began playing in her head.

She turned around and looked at Johnny. He simply gave her a smile, and that was all she needed. She then confidently walked toward her front door.

She had barely reached the steps when out came a familiar face.  "Morgan?"

"Oh my god!" Morgan yelled as Bonnie raced forward throwing herself into her sisters arms. Morgan almost fell back from the weight of them, tears gleaming in both of their eyes.

"I can't believe you're here!" Bonnie cries out, pulling away slightly to look into her elder sister's eyes. "I missed you so much."

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here for you, Bonnie. I'm so so sorry."

"I don't care that you weren't here. All that matter's is that you're here now. My sister- my sister's home."

A sob escapes Morgan's mouth and she pulls Bonnie into her again, wrapping her tight in her arms. "I love you, B."

"I love you too, M." Bonnie sighs, pulling away from the hug completely. "Now let's go inside, we've got a lot to catch up on."

"Yes, yes we do." Morgan smiles, looking over her sister's face again and again, trying to memorize her face. "Wait- uh, I've actually got someone for you to meet."

"If you look behind me, there's a man standing by a sleek blue car. Tall, dark hair, hazel eyes, wearing a leather jacket." Bonnie peers over Morgan's shoulder, squinting to see the man her sister's talking about. Bonnie nods once she does, her face becoming serious. "That's Johnny- Johnathan Rhode."

"And he's what?" Bonnie replies, folding her arms over her chest. Morgan's mouth suddenly  feels incredibly dry. Her worries and doubt from before come rushing back after seeing the look on Bonnie's face.

"He's a witch. My boyfriend, actually. Do you want to meet him?" Morgan tries to see what she's thinking and when she can't, their years spent apart become evident in this moment. Bonnie's eyes used to reveal everything and now, Morgan can't see a single thing- that is until Bonnie smiles.

"You've got a boyfriend?" Bonnie says with a cheeky smile, "A hot one too."

Morgan laughs, "Yeah, he is." She then turns around and waves Johnny over.

"For a while there, Elena, Caroline, and I thought you were going to be a crazy cat lady." Bonnie chuckles, leaning against a porch beam.

"Oh, I am." Morgan replies, smirking at her sister. "His name's Milo and he's staying with some friends of mine in New Orleans."

"New Orleans?" Bonnie asks, sprouting to a standing position.

"Yeah." Morgan replies just as Johnny walks up the steps and to the Bennett sisters. Ignoring the weird look on Bonnie's face, Morgan tugs Johnny forward by their now interlocked fingers. "Okay, B. This is Johnny; Johnny you know Bonnie."

"Hi Bonnie, I've heard a lot about you." Johnny says, voice taunt as he reaches out to shake her hand.

"And I've heard little to nothing about you." Bonnie laughs, shaking his hand. "Let's go inside, I'm making tea." The couple nods and Morgan leads the way into her old house. Bonnie watches Johnny step through the doorframe before walking in herself.