Ch 11: Respect

Phoenix POV:

Violett seems to be fond of clothing that is flimsy and held upon her body by nothing but tiny little strings.

It makes the Seelie feel awkward, his chivalry making him avert his eyes from the dress cut so low her dimples of Venus are visible when she turns her back to you and the swell of her chest not quite concealed.

Me? I have taken to counting those little blemishes on her skin.

Those freckles as she calls them.

It most certainly is more entertaining to start my map of her body rather than listen to Hunter...talk about whatever he saw as important.

Violett laughed lightly at some surly idiotic thing, "Hunter, it is a sweet offer but I don't need the help."

I rose a brow, what could she possibly need help with? She lives in what seems to be enchanted grounds, is glamoured from her teeth to her toes so strongly I nearly missed it, she is safer than any halfling I have ever met.

Although I do not make a habit of associating with their kind.

She is just also happens to be a princess and the key to a major acquisition for the Unseelie court.

I am willing to work past her disappointing human half in light of it. "What is it you require no help for?"

She sighed softly, "my education. In light of my mothers supposed condition and my own...vulnerability as a result my high school allows me to attend online in light I meet with my counselor once per week. Hunter has offered to take over some household duties so I could resume attending classes in person."

I nearly scoffed, "I agree with Violett, surrounding her with mortals will do no one any favors. You can become a maid Sunshine but the halfling should continue as is."

She nodded at me, "thank you Phoenix...although I have my doubts that you say that with my best interest at heart."

I rose a brow, "I'm not."

Violett sighed softly, "I know your kind supposedly cant lie but can you at least omit the truth?"

"we can it would just be stupid to let you think that I agreed for your benefit."

Hunter scowled, "would it kill you to treat Violett like a lady? She has opened her doors to us Phoenix we should show her the utmost respect and kindness."

I just looked at him blankly, "I'm not interested in her doors being opened."

The girls cheeks grew red as the blond man scowled harder, "ignore him Violett, he doesn't even know the meaning of respect."

Honestly. This fool just makes every taunt much too easy, "a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements." I paused, "or a particular aspect, point, or detail. But I believe you were referring to it as it applies to humans."

Hunter just blinked at me. "What?"

"The meaning or definition of respect. Word for word. You may look it up if you would like sunshine. It is a noun by the way."

Violett hurried her face in her hands, "oh my god."

The blond seelie opened his mouth and closed it a few times before standing from the table, "you are abhorrent."

"Is that so?"

He tossed his hands in the air, "yes! Phoenix this girl has been given a difficult task not even having known who she was being nice is the least we could do."

I analyzed him, his tense jaw and stance.

A small smirk spread over my face, "so you can get this over with and return to the realm of the fae to search for your fated? As all seelie do?"

Violets caramel brows furrowed, "what's a fated?"

I leaned back in my chair, "Yeah oh so chivalrous Sunshine, what's a fated?"

Hunter just glared at me before glancing at violett, "A fated is the person who contains the other half of a fae's soul."

She seemed to take this in, "like a soul mate?"

I snapped my fingers, "exactly."

The halfling seemed to grow confused, "and all fae have one?"

Hunter sighed, "We do. Somehow even some poor woman is the other half of Phoenix."

"And..." she started, "yet you are both here to try and get me to have your baby?"

I hummed in confirmation.

She stood slowly seeming shocked, "that...is so fucked up."

I shrugged, "no more than my usual task given by the unseelie queen, although it does bother Hunter endlessly."

She glared at me slightly, "well I would hope it bother you too."

"It does. But for different reasons. I dislike that I am being told what to do when it comes to my bedroom activities. It is nothing against you and all your little blemishes. Before deciding he is your knight in sunlit armor making you breakfast and offering to help you all you need. Perhaps as why it bothers him."

She crossed her arms, "I don't care why it bothers him Phoenix it doesn't matter, what matters is this entire thing is wrong."

"Yet. I could make it feel right if you would please."

Violett huffed, starting from the room, "I would not."

I traced her movements with my gaze, "the perhaps I will catch you once more tonight in that lovely little dress."

She utterly froze in the doorway before continuing much much quicker than before.

Hunter glared at me, "what was that supposed to mean?"

I just shot him a condescending look and left the room.

Let him boil through that for a little while.