Chapter 13

"I think you need to talk to her, hun." Y/N's mom said, not looking at her as she focuses herself on the pan in front of her.

"Why me mom?... Why is it always I who must do the first move? Why not her this time?" the brunette groaned mumbling the last part because the last thing she wants is to get scold for it. A small sigh escaped her as she rested her head on her arms that were resting on the table, closing her eyes. She did not like the idea of talking to her first, not this time. Selena basically accused her of cheating. She's too hurt to talk to the singer first.

"Because... let's put it this way..." Y/N's dad chimed in.

"Morning dad.", she greeted before she kissed him on his cheek as he was fixing his tie.

"... Maybe you're the one who understands.", the man said before greeting his wife with a kiss that Y/N did not pay attention to.

"And she doesn't? It's tiring sometimes... and sometimes, I wish I don't.", she bit her lip thinking how and when did she became this patient over something and someone. And Selena keeps on pushing her to her limit. She always had been the one who always called the truce because she could not stay angry at the singer and could not stand the idea of arguing over something small and stupid.

"You both are beautiful together yet a disaster.", he said implicitly ending the conversation because he did want to intrude his daughter's relationship as he had no idea how same-sex relationship works. He was still fixing his tie, struggling.

"Let me fix that hun.", the wife volunteered and kissed him before fixing his tie for him.

Y/N covered her eyes, "Ew gross!", exaggeratedly said, making a gagging face of disgust. Her mom looked at her with that look, you-do-that-as-well teasing look.

"Mom!", she said. Y/N's neck was red in embarrassment.

"But seriously talk.", her mother said as she was handing them their plate.

"If that didn't work out... then try again... if not again, then let go. Maybe someday somewhere if you two are really meant for each other, you'd be together again.", Y/N did not like the idea of not having the brunette as her partner. However, it is something she cannot control.

"Still try to understand her, like you always do 'til you run out of understanding and patient... I think it's worth it.", a piece of advice people usually gets from their friend or from a stranger but not from their parents. Her eyes filled with tears that she had managed not to let it fall. It hits different when you get advice from your parents and not from other people.

After that heartfelt talk with her parents, Y/N has nothing to do but to stay in her bedroom. Although she wanted to go out and do something, even just walking, she has no one to go out with. She did not want to go out alone and do stuff outside by herself. Y/N got used to always having company, either Theresa, Raquelle or Ashley. Basically, all Selena's friends, that became her friends as well.

She sighed and let her body fall back onto the soft mattress after she looked through her contacts. She stared at the ceiling and let her thoughts run and run until it became tired. Finally, letting Y/N fall asleep and rest.

••••

'With everything...How are you?' she asked in the other line.

"I'm fine Keisha.", she spoke as she was playing with a pen, trying to do the tricks she saw online. She told her about what happened.

She was not mad at Selena calling her b!tch and accusing her of cheating with her. Once, it was known to her friend, she freaked out and asked why Selena would think that and said 'Ew! I don't like kissing my best friend's lips that gross'.