3 || Handsome Stranger

"You should think about the consequence of your magnetic field being a little too strong"
- Gorgeous
(Taylor Swift)

Who are these guys? I thought. I tried to look at them but the crowd was too thick and my height wasn't helping either. I tried for a little while but eventually gave up and sat back at my place, taking my phone out of my purse. I soon got tired of it and decided to get myself a drink. I went to the bar which was not as lit as the main hall and waited for the bartender when...
"Hey, beautiful" I heard a man say. I turned towards him and saw that the man standing in front of me was holding a drink in his hand.
"I saw you were lonely, want me to give you some company?" He said with an idiotic smug smile.
"Sorry, I am not interested" I said before turning my attention back to the bartender. But he grabbed my wrist and turned me towards him, pulling me closer.
"Oh, come on, it'll be fun" he smirked.

"I said I'm not interested. Let go of me" I said, through my clenched teeth, struggling in his grip. But his grip only got tighter and more painful.

"You won't listen to me when I say it like this will yo-"

"I guess the lady said she wasn't interested" said someone. Both of us looked around and my eyes met with a pair of brown ones. He was blonde, his hands lazily in his pockets while he tilted his head eyeing the man.
He immediately let go of my wrist. I looked back at the pervert who looked as if he's seen a ghost.
"S-sorry" he shuttered,"I didn't know she was with you" he said before running off.

That's weird.

I turned back to the guy who helped me and asked, "who are you?"

"What!?" The man looked a little taken back but covered it up with a smile,"I saved you from that guy and instead of saying 'aww, thank you, you are my hero' you say,'who are you?'" he asked.

"I could have saved myself" I said looking away, acting as if I wasn't interested.

"Interesting" I heard him mumble.

"Huh?!"

"Huh?" He acted as if he is clueless but his eyes are clearly amused.

"No, you just said something",I said.

"That's strange. I didn't say anything" he shrugged.

"I clearly heard you say I was interesting"

"I have no idea what you are taking about"

I was getting frustrated and couldn't take it anymore.
"Yahh!"

"'Yahh?', we just met and you already started talking informally to me?" He snorted, playfully.

"No, I mean-"

"What do you mean?" He was teasing me and I clearly understood that much.

"I mean- wait, why should I answer you?"

"Because I saved you" he told as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Whatever" I said before turning away. But before I took another step he exclaimed,"wait!"
"What?"

"Leaving so early?"

"What do you want me to do? I don't want to talk to a man like you"

"Aww" he said dramatically holding his heart.

"At last I found you. Where were you?" I looked at jisu.
"I was just-"

"What!?" I noticed she was looking at the handsome stranger.
"Mr. Park?" She exclaimed.

"Mr. Park?" I said. "Mr. Park like the CEO of Park Enterprise?" I asked in shock.

How could I talk to him like that?!!

Nervously I look at him from the corner of my eye while he was already starting at me with a amused smile.
"I'm sorry but I think I have to take Minsoo with me" Jisu said looking confidential at Mr. Park.
"Sure" he nodded and looked towards me "it was nice meeting you Minsoo" and then he smiled. And just like the crowd said which lit up the whole room.
Jisu pulled me away from but I couldn't help but look back at his beautiful face once more before we were out of sight.

"What the hell, girl? What are you doing with THE Mr. Park?" She asked.

"I don't know, I was just-"

"Tell me about it later because now is your chance to get a job in my dad's company." She said,"he going to come out of those doors after a meeting in a few minutes and that's when I will introduce you to him. Okay?"

I nodded, determined to get myself a job at any cost. Soon enough, the doors opened and came out jisu's father but he didn't look happy.
Jisu took me to him and wished him.
"Appa, meet my friend, Minsoo." I then wished him too."Appa, the thing is, Heyra is in need of a job and it would be great if we can help her. She is very hardworking."
Her father looked at me and back to her and then rested his gaze on me again. He sighed.
"Don't people like you have any other job then to feed off people like us?"
I frowned, my mind not processing anything he said.
"Appa, please stop" Jisu asked.

"Don't you feel ashamed to use people like us for own greedy needs?" He asked but I stood there blank faced.

"Appa, I said stop!" She raised her voice.

"And you Jisu, stop wasting your time around people like her" he finished before continuing back on his way.
Whatever he said finally started to make sense. As much as I hate to admit it, it was true in a way. No, in many ways. All I did over the years was just lean on Jisu for everything.
My vision started to blur while I tried not to cry.

This is when you have to stay strong Minsoo-ah.

"Minsoo, I am really sorry. Whatever he said is not true" Jisu tried to comfort me but it wasn't working.

I laughed. "No, jisu. Whatever he said was absolutely true. I am hopeless" I turned to go back just when we both heard someone call for Jisu.

"Jisu-ya!!" A man was jogging towards us, waving one of his hand in the air whom I recognized as one of jisu's father's assistant of some kind and also her crush since three years.
He finally stood in front of us, panting,"Jisu, your father, I saw you guys talk" he said glancing at me,"I just want to say that, he's not in a good mood. Kim enterprise just declined his offer and he's a bit upset over it, that's all. Whatever he said, don't take it seriously"
But what he said didn't make me feel better. I once again turned back to walk when Jisu caught my wrist.
"Minsoo" she said with a hint of sadness in her voice. I sighed

"You have fun. Don't worry about me. I'll get going"
With that I left.