6| You got accepted!! ... Wait, what?

- Chapter 6 -

You got accepted!! ... Wait, what?

Next day was a hard day for Seirin's basketball club. They were depressed from their loss at Touou and they didn't want to accept that they could no longer participate to the Inter High. I felt sorry for them; I knew that kind of feeling very well.

And where am I now? In my classroom, waiting for the day to reach its end so I can go and talk with Riko-senpai who will probably have the results of my application form. Well, the thing I know is that I'm not likely going to be a player in the team. Not a chance. Taiga had informed me that the spots that were open was the one for the manager and another for a personal trainer.

Personally, the trainer sounded more good at me and fitted me perfectly since I knew some really effective basketball exercises and stuff like how to dribble easier and faster the ball. Plus, that would help Riko-senpai better in her personal program since she had more homework than we, first years, had.

The magic sound of the bell signalled the end of another school day and gave me an exciting feeling; I was free from now on! I grabbed my textbooks and run off, a toothy smile plastered on my face from the excitement that had overtook me since morning. I don't know how many 'sorries' I told to people I had bumped on until I reached the gymnasium's front door. I took a deep breath and opened the door dramatically, smiling brightly at everyone. "Konichiwa, minna-san!!!!"

The basketball players who had just started their practise looked at me like I was getting drugs. Kagami and Tetsu-nii sweat dropped heavily, an awkward aura appearing behind them. I made some steps further and got closer to Riko-senpai who (at the moment) was looking me with a question mark above her head. "R-Riko-senpai, I came here to learn if I got accepted in the team" I announced her directly, no greetings no nothing. Just this question.

Riko-senpai seemed a bit nervous that I asked her so quickly and she started searching through her papers; probably searching for my application form. "Ayano-san, I'm so sorry..." she told me as she took out the paper and handed it to me. Her words made me freeze; what did she meant by apologizing to me? I didn't dare even to give a small glance at the papers, my hands dropped to my sides defeated.

I lowered down my head and sighed; I knew I wasn't going to be accepted to a boys' team, even for the manager's job. I decided to take a look at the paper and what surprised me the most was what was written on the paper and Riko-senpai's words which followed after. 

"You got accepted as a trainer, not a manager. Gomenasai!" Riko said as my eyes glued on the paper. I was accepted into the team! I was accepted as the trainer, something I wanted from the very start! I decided to cheer me internally for my achievement while a huge smile was plastered on my face. I bowed respectfully at the team and the coach, "I will try my hardest! Thank you for accepting me in your team; I will make sure I'll make you proud!"

The whole team gave me sheepish smiles and Koganei-senpai gave me some thumbs up along with Mitobe-senpai. I just felt so relieved and happy that I could do anything right now! "Minna-san!" Riko's voice shouted at the basketball players who all gathered immediately around her petite figure. She had a look of determination on her face and she was looking proudly at Hyuga. "This year, we'll hold 2 training camps, one at the beginning and at the end of the summer vacation. One at the beach and one at the mountain" All of us flinched slightly at both of the choices and purple lines of shock appeared on our heads. "The goal this time is to prepare for the qualifications and to overcome our weaknesses, which we've been made aware of in the last game. And since we're lacking members, stamina is important for us. So we'll increase the amount of jogging in our normal training"