| CHAPTER XIX |

Hello, Readers! Here is Chapter 19! I know it's kind of short, but I wrote it last night and I wanted to at least give you guys over 1000 words. Also, Exam Week is next week, so please bear with me when that time comes. I'll still try to update as much as possible, but I can't give any promises.

~CSP2708~

***

| Chapter 19 || Preparations |

When Emily woke up, it took her a few seconds to invigorate her mind. She was just laying there, in the grass, trying to remember where she was and what she was doing before her recent dream hit her. It washed over her like a wave and for a moment, she was overwhelmed.

Pitch was evil. No. Pitch was her father. The Fearlings were evil and were controlling him. She needed to work together with Lupa and the Guardians to save him, but she couldn't let him know that she was working with them, or he'd most likely try to kill her.

'That won't be hard at all,' she thought. 'Nope. Totally easy.'

"Ah, Emily. You're awake." Pitch's voice nearly made her leap out of her skin. He was just so close, his voice echoing from the shadows near her ear.

"Y-yes!" she squeaked, jumping to her feet. Her whole body was sore, probably from the fight, and she held back a groan as she stood straight. "What's up?" That seemed like the right thing to say.

Pitch raised an eyebrow at her peculiar behaviour. "We must prepare for our next attack. We are sure to finish the Guardians off for good this time. Then, we can rule over the earth. Both life, and darkness. A perfect world of fear." Pitch gave an evil chuckle, getting a faraway look in his eye - obviously imagining it – and Emily had to hold back a shudder. To think that this man was her father – had been her caring, loving father. It was awful.

"Yeah... so! When will that be?" she asked, shifting from foot to foot nervously. The nature spirit nearly groaned at her actions. She was make a horrible spy! Hopefully Pitch would be too preoccupied with his self-expected reign to notice.

"Soon! Very soon! In three days time, when the Man in the Moon does not shine in the sky! It will be perfect for us to fulfill our plans. He cannot outshine us on that day!"

Interrupting Pitch's evil monologue, Emily inserted, "Technically, the moon shines at night, not during the day."

Her efforts only resulted in a scowl from said evil monologue-er.

"Fine then! He shall not outshine us that night!"

Emily smiled, glad that her pickiness distracted Pitch enough to keep his attention off her previous skittishness. "Perfect. Well then, I think it's an excellent plan. We attack in three days, when there is no moon is the sky and the night is as dark as it's ever going to get. What a perfect way to begin your rule over the world."

Pitch just smiled, nodding in agreement before disappearing once again into the shadows, leaving Emily alone to her plants in her special room.

Once he was gone, Emily walked around, checking each of her plants individually and caressing their leaves gently, giving each tree, flower, and shrub an extra burst of energy to grow bigger, greener, and healthier.

Once she was done, she returned to the center of the room and looked up toward the circular skylight. She'd woken around midday and by the time she'd completed her rounds, it was nearly sunset. "Three days..." she said, wistfully, both anticipating the day to arrive and hoping that it never would.

Laying back down on her bed of moss, she closed her eyes.

'Time to warn the Guardians,' she thought. Sleep came easily, and she was back in her world of dreams.