31: Tell Me That You Want Me

Bría walked back into the town hall, listening to the gavel being slammed, the screams that followed, the physical removal of some rich bloke. She walked passed all of that without caring about it, none of it mattered. No, Bría knew what she wanted and she was determined to make it clear. Spotting Bane, Bría briskly strode towards him, navigating effortlessly through the masses of bodies that were cheering on the court hearing before them.

Savages.

Bría didn't care what happened to this world, to these people, she just wanted Bane.

Approaching him, she placed a hand on his coat-covered arm.

Bane glanced down and spotted her, his eyes cold but not threatening to her. She was not intimidated by him, not like she used to be. She envied him, she saw a bravery in him that not many had, and she knew that he loved her.

"We have to talk," she said to him. "Meet me at my penthouse at a time of your convenience."

She left without his reply, she didn't need to hear it because she knew he would come. As she stepped back out into the cold, she embraced it, extending her arms out and letting the snow fall all around her. The flakes landed in her hair, dampening it. By the time she would arrive home, she would be soaked, for she took her time.

Arriving in her warm home, she removed her coat and let it fall to the floor. Peeling her shirt from her head, she made her way to the huge bathroom which had a claw foot tub. As she began to fill up the tub with piping hot water, she swirled her hand in the warmth, letting it envelop her, course through her. When the tub was full, she slipped off the rest of her clothing and slid into the tub. The water sloshed out of the side, and she didn't care. The tile floor was soaked, her clothing was soaked, while she shut her eyes and let the heat consume her.

She'd never been so relaxed before.

When her bath water started to grow cold, Bría stood up, letting the water droplets spill all over the floor, dripping from her hair. Grabbing a robe, she slipped her arms into it, letting the warmth of it envelop her. Loosely cinching the waist, she strode casually towards that big window she had grown used to looking out of over the last few months.

The door opened behind her, and Bría smiled softly.

"I was hoping you would show up," she said, not looking at him over her shoulder. When she turned, she was still smiling, and she said, "You aren't the most predictable."

"I am more predictable than you think," Bane replied, his eyes upon her.

The bathrobe she wore only went to her mid thighs, the looseness of it threatening to come entirely undone. She strode over to him, something majestic in her step. Arriving in front of him, she raised both of her hands and placed them on either side of his neck, feeling his tarnished skin and the spark that came with touching him.

"Tell me that you want me," she whispered, "as I want you."

"I do," he said finally.

Behind Bría was a table with a needle, filled with the dosage of fentanyl that she would need to give him. She wanted to see him without the mask again, she wanted to finally kiss him. He followed her guide as she gripped his hand in both of hers and walked backwards towards the table and needle. When she did inject him with it, he gasped in relief; it was a higher dose than before, to give him more relief from the pain when she removed his mask. She pried it from his skin, placing it on the table, and then ran her fingers along his cheeks.

That was when Bane wrapped his strong arm around her, lifting her off the ground. There was no denying the love, lust and passion between them. The heat of the moment brought them into the bedroom, where he laid her down on the bed. Bría reached up and hooked her fingers into his shirt, lifting her upper half off of the bed and letting her lips hover just a millimetre away from his.

It was Bane who closed to gap between them.

Hey guys! I have the day off and my goal is to finish writing this story! Only 4 more chapters to go! Please share your thoughts, I was really debating whether or not to write this scene in or not. Obviously I didn't write it explicitly, but I still wasn't sure how well it would fit in his character.