Chapter IV. tea spill

*Bit of a 'getting-back-into-it' chapter. 

Brian awoke from the sound of a shower close by. Most possibly John. He looked over to his alarm clock. '7 AM'. Way too bloody early to get woken up. Brian tried to go back to sleep for a while but after 10 minutes he gave up and decided just to brush his teeth in Freddie and Roger's bathroom. As he shuffled towards the bathroom, the events of yesterday finally hit him.

Roger had been so drunk, that he had mistaken Brian for some girl to hook up with. He could never see Roger like 'that'. He was his friend!

Rubbing his eyes, he entered the bathroom with his toothbrush in hand. Freddie was in the kitchen and Roger was probably still sleeping in the room beside the bathroom. Good

He washed his face, brushed his 'pearly whites', battled his hair and had a wee. Entering the kitchen, Freddie was eating some egg whites along with a glass of milk. ''Morning Fred.'' He said as he dropped some bread into the rusted toaster. ''Ah, morning Bri, there's some egg whites left in the pan if you want.'' 

Brian put the egg whites on one of the toast slices and jam on the other. John entered the room when he had finished one of the slices and he started to make coffee. ''Anyone want coffee?'' 

''No thanks, darling.'' 

''I'm fine, Deaky, thanks.'' 

Brian swallowed when he heard the shower turn on, resulting in the toast getting stuck in his throat. He coughed and John pat his back. ''Come on Brian, you can do better than that.'' Freddie said with a grin.

After breakfast, Brian headed back to the bedroom where he took off his shirt to get dressed. ''So uhm..'' A husky voice mumbled from the doorway. Brian turned around in utter terror and saw the blonde leaning in the doorway with a towel tied on his waist. ''I'm-uh, hehe a little hungover.'' Roger said with a giggle. Great, he's still drunk. He looked awful.

Brian called him over and agreed to brush Roger's awfully tangled hair. ''Bri, about last night-''

''It's fine Rog, you were drunk, I'm sure you mistook me for a girl. I get it, with the hair and all.'' He said reassuring.

''No, I can't believe I was such a fool. I don't know what I was thinking, sorry.''

Brian didn't answer.

Their show was at 7 P.M, and Brian was feeling the nerves. They'd been hanging around a café for a while now and he had been checking the clock every 10 seconds. Nope, still 4 P.M.

Brian overheard Roger talking to a waitress. ''You been enjoyin' Denver so far, sweetheart?'' She asked him. ''Well so far i've only been cooped up with my bandmates, most of them aren't any fun.'' The last part Roger whispered to her. She giggled dramatically loud and Brian rolled his eyes.

As time passed and Brian's frustration growing larger by the minute, he decided to go back to the apartment for a while. Freddie tried to go with him, but Brian insisted on going alone, to calm his nerves he said, which wasn't entirely true.

Finally alone, he sat down with his tea on the small couch in the 'living room' and let out a deep sigh. Just when he had gotten comfortable (as comfortable as you can get on an old brick-like couch), Brian heard the sound of keys jingling in the distance and spilled his tea. Fuck.