Chapter 7

I was running through the woods; it was night. I was breathing heavily and my legs were burning. My hands were waving in front of me and I cried out as I tripped. My hands scrapped the trunk of a tree and I continued falling to the forest floor.

Cold arms stopped me falling any further and I looked up, hoping to see the person who helped me, but gasped as I saw Charlie holding me. He dropped me and grabbed my legs as I tried to run away. I screamed desperately as he pushed me to the ground and pinned me down by grasping my neck.

"Go to the hospital and tell a doctor, did you?" He sneered in my face as he squeezed my windpipe.

"Stop!" I choked. "Please!"

"Bella?" Said a velvety voice.

"Help! He's choking me!" I managed to say until I was cut off by Charlie's grip getting tighter.

"Bella, wake up!"

"I can't breathe..." I choked out before falling into darkness.

~

"Bella!"

My eyes opened, checking my surroundings. I was in a room. No. I was in the hospital, not in the woods. I signed in relief, until I noticed where my hands were.

My hands were gripped tight around Edward Cullen's icy, pale throat. He stared at me in confusion, while I stared back in shock. He was leaning over me and I must've reacted while I was dreaming.

Stunned, I slowly released my grip on his cold neck and I laid my arms by my side. I was lost in his mesmerising golden eyes. His bronze hair glittered in the light, just like his eyes. He was frowning slightly, but his face showed more concern.

"Sorry," I mumbled, embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it," he whispered. He leaned away and I rolled onto my back. I mumbled under my breath about 'stupid dreams' and cursing once. I glanced in Edward's direction as he chuckled.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asked softly.

"Yes," I said, signing.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I blushed. "I kind of showed you."

"Who was choking you?" He questioned.

"You don't know him personally."

"Him? Who is he?"

I signed. "My father." I admitted in a quiet whisper.

Edward's golden eyes turned pitch black instantly. He was trembling with anger and his hands were clenched into fists. Abruptly, he stood up and rushed out of the room in a blur. I stared, shock and confused, after he disappeared and I noted that my heart was hooked back up to the heart rate monitor. My heart was stuttering, and the beeping wasn't rheumatic.

A while later, the door opened and Dr. Cullen walked in. He beamed when he saw me awake and he came over.

"Where's Edward?" He asked absent-minded as he took my pulse.

I shrugged. "He just suddenly blurred out of here."

Dr. Cullen stiffened at my words, but he relaxed almost immediately. "It's late, so I'd say he's going home."

"What's the time?"

"About two in the morning." He said as he leaned back. "So, how are you feeling?"

"It's a dull ache. More annoying than painful," I admitted as he lightly pressed on my stomach. I winced once and he quickened his pace. He finished examining me and he stood away.