Chapter 15

The end of the school bell rang and I was extremely nervous about today. In a little under a hour I will have to meet and talk to a complete stranger about what Charlie has done to me and I don't think I'd be able to do that. I can't even tell the Cullens and they're the ones who saved me. How am I meant to tell somebody who knows nothing about me everything?

It was impossible.

I was silent as I reached the Volvo, where Edward was leaning on it. He looked up and smiled as I reached him, but I didn't return it. Today was going to be a long day and I don't feel like smiling, even if it was forced. I knew something bad was going to happen and I was nervous about what it was going to be.

Edward was quiet as he drove, stealing glances at me with a worried look. I ignored him and looked out the window, watching as trees blurred past us.

There was no counseling building in Forks so we had to travel to Port Angeles and go to the nearest counseling place. Edward and I are going to meet Carlisle and Esme there. Esme was going to be supportive apparently and Carlisle had a day off so he could be there with me. To be honest, I was touched by their commitment to being there but I'd rather go alone so I could not go and look around the shops. But I knew that was one of the reasons they insisted that they'd come.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I felt the car's engine cut off and I looked at Edward. He was staring back at me, smiling to encourage me. I tried to smile back, but I think I failed as Edward signed.

"Everything will be alright, Bella," Edward said in a soft tone in his velvet voice. His golden eyes were darker today, like he was hungry. This thought sent a cold shiver go down my spine, which he took as me being nervous.

"I promise, Bella, everything will be fine. You don't have to tell the person every little thing. Just answer honestly and they'll make sure Charlie is locked away forever." He hissed when he said Charlie's name, like he hated the person who is my father. I felt the same way, except for the added fear and nervousness.

I exhaled before opening the door and getting out. I closed the door softly and Edward locked the door. I looked to the empty narrow street, wondering if I run would I get away without being caught. But Edward's face warned me he'd catch me before I've even taken a step.

Signing, I met Edward's side and nodded to him as he led the way to the driveway of the building. The building looked depressing with it's grey and dull exterior and it looked the same as the other buildings next to it. It had many floors, but I couldn't be bothered to count as I was dreading this session with a stranger.

Edward opened the door and gestured for me to go first. I smiled my thanks and he smiled back. I went in and the lobby and waiting room was as gloomy as the outside. The walls were painted white, but were dirty and ageing. The chairs in the waiting room were plastic and a horrible blue colour and depressed people were sat on them. I didn't know so many people went to see a councillor. I thought people only went when they're the victims of crimes, not everyday stuff.

I saw Esme and Carlisle standing at the reception, talking to the blonde woman sat down opposite them. Esme and Carlisle were telling her that I had an appointment with the councillor and the blonde woman was typing on a computer.

Esme turned and smiled when she saw Edward and I approaching. My nervousness was gradually increasing as I looked at the clock, wondering how time was going so fast when I didn't want it to. I glanced back at the blonde woman, who was leaning over the desk, fluttering her eye lashes at Carlisle. Carlisle tightened his hold around Esme's waist, which showed that he and Esme were together. The blonde woman finally got the idea and blushed scarlett as she realised she was caught.