Chapter Two: Heart broken Mike

Billie and Mike are 17.

Billie looked up as he heard the front door slam. He frowned. All of his older siblings were at work or on dates. His mom was at work. Who was it?

The answer came rushing through his bedroom door.

"Mike?" Billie asked, as his friend collapsed on the floor, "what's wrong?"

"She cheated on me!" Mike sobbed, " I told her I loved her and she fucking cheated on me!"

Billie sucked in a breath. Mike's girlfriend. Giselle, or some posh name like that. Mike had been head over heels for her, and she certainly acted the same way about him.

He sat next to his friend and hugged him. It was difficult, seeing how much bigger Mike was than him, but dammit, if Billie wasn't going to do it anyways.

"I thought I was in love, Billie," Mike mumbled, "I thought I was gonna fucking marry her".

"Well, it's just her loss, Mikey. You're an amazing guy. What happened?"

"I was going to surprise her with flowers. I caught her in her room with Brent Collins. I just ran," the bassist sighed, rubbing his eyes.

Billie sighed too, reaching over and flipping on the radio. The Ramones came on, and Billie stood up and danced.

"C'mon, Mikey!" he whined, "dance with me!"

Mike laughed, and joined him. They danced until both were breathless and laughing.