The First Step

So I thought this was probably the best place to say this, but Ren is my favorite character so expect a lot of bias when it comes to the other characters reactions to him. Also I am not a huge fan of Renora, I don't hate it by any means but I also wouldn't be all that upset if it didn't become official. So i'm only going to mention the ship in passing in this story, my real ship for Ren i'll express later on.

<><><><>

No ones pov

The opening ends to a character's eyes wearily opening and closing before waking up fully and seeing Nora Valkyrie fill their view.

"Who is that?" Tai asked in confusion, everyone else shrugged.

Nora: Wake up, lazy butt! (dashes to the side)

Lie Ren gets up with a groan as Nora hounds him.

An and Li shared a surprised look, he looked just like them he must be their son. Their shocked looks morphed into large smiles.

Nora: (singing) It's morning! It's morning! It's morning! It's morning!

Lie Ren sighs again and the scene changes to him brushing his teeth in the restroom while Nora continues to talk.

"Poor kid having to deal with such hyper activity so early in the morning" Qrow said while looking at Summer pointedly. She laughed sheepishly while scratching the back of her head.

Nora: I can't believe we've been at Beacon for a full twenty-four hours! Not that I thought we'd get kicked out or anything, I mean, you're the perfect student and I'm... well, I'm me! But it's just crazy, you know?

"You know I think she's actually more hyper then Summer" Raven stated causing Summer to pout while everyone else laughed.

The scene changes to the ballroom, where the two are readying themselves. Nora is brushing her hair and still chattering while Ren is tightening the strings on his sleeping bag.

"He looks so uninterested in what she's saying" Qrow said in amusement.

Nora: We've been friends for soooooooo long! What are the odds we'd still be together? Well, not "together-together..." Not that I'm not saying that you're not handsome; you are handsome, but that'd just be weird, right?

This made Summer coo, it was so cute.

The scene changes again as the two are in the middle of eating their breakfast, Nora having a pancake hanging from her mouth as she is still talking.

Nora: (muffled through her food) Right! What was I thinking? But still, I hope we end up on the same team together! (slurps up the rest of her pancake) Oohhhh! We should come up with some sort of plan, to make sure we end up on the same team together! What if we bribe the headmaster? No, that won't work. He has the school.

"Just bribe him with coffee that should work" Qrow said teasingly which made everyone burst into laughter.

The scene changes again as the two are readying themselves in the locker room, Ren loading StormFlower and Nora still talking.

"Oo I wonder what his weapon does" Summer pondered aloud.

Nora: I know! We'll have some sort of signal! Like a distress signal! (gasps) A secret signal so we can find each other in the forest! Can you imitate a sloth?