Twenty: The End?

They were back home, as themselves, Spencer, Martha, Bethany, and Fridge

They were back home, as themselves, Spencer, Martha, Bethany, and Fridge. As for them, well, they were changed, and for what they saw to be the better. Their adventure as Bravestone, Ruby Roundhouse, Professor Oberon, and Mouse Finbar was not forgotten.

"Yo Spencer."

"Hey man." Spencer and Fridge fist-bumped. They had reconciled and had gone back to being friends.

Bethany was less focused on her phone, less selfish, and definitely more open to trying new things.

"I want to go backpacking," she told her friend Lucinda, who stared shocked back.

"Like outdoors, in nature?"

"Yeah. It'll be fun!"

"Are you okay?"

"Never better!" Bethany assured her.

"Hi Martha!"

"Hi! Hello! Morning!" Martha smiled as she bounced through a crowd of students getting off the bus. She was trying to be less shy and more open, and was so far succeeding. The new term was off to a good start for all of them. And, on top of it, they had all become close friends. Their shared experiences in the game had brought them together.

They all had history together first period.

"Good morning everyone," the cheerful voice of their teacher called out as she entered the classroom. "My name is Ms. Evynsen and I'll be your new history teacher-" She wrote her name on the board and then turned to face the class and when she did, the four friends audibly gasped.

She looked exactly like Vera. Save for her different clothes and shorter hair. And she spoke with an American accent instead of English, but other than that, the resemblance was unmistakable.

"No way," they whispered amongst themselves.

At the end of the class they waited until all the other students had left before going over to her. She greeted them with a smile. "Hi."

"Hi. I'm Bethany."

"Anthony."

"Martha."

"Spencer."

She shook each of their hands. "Nice to meet you all."

"We just wanted to say that we're all really excited for this class," Bethany told her. Her friends nodded in agreement.

At this, she looked touched. "Thank you. This is my first time teaching, so I'm a little nervous, but that means a lot. Thank you."

Dum, dum, dum. Dum, dum, dum. Dum, dum, dum.

Everyone froze then when the Jumanji drums suddenly sounded from overhead. Even Ms. Evynsen looked confused.

"Do you guys hear that? It sounds like drums or something."

She could hear them too? The four exchanged a glance.

SMASH! Out back behind the school where the dumpster was, Fridge smashed the game with a bowling ball they had also found in the cluttered basement. With that, the drums finally ceased.

As they walked away, leaving it behind, and for good, they didn't see the flicker of green light coming from the now seemingly destroyed console.

The game always finds a way...

(So that's it, we've reached the end! (this is the fastest I've ever completed a story!) I just wanted to say another HUGE thank you to all you guys for reading this story and for going on this adventure with me, I hope you had as much fun as I did! :)

So, while writing 'Heart' I was already planning more for these characters - I'm not ready to let them go yet! Sequel? Maybe! Will we meet Vera again? I hope so! (I have a few ideas!) Not sure about what's going to happen with her look-alike in the real world, but it was just something I wanted to include! I've been thinking of ideas for a sequel and perhaps a prequel (we've got to see the brief happiness in Vera and Van Pelt's relationship, right? ;) haha!).

But first, I've already begun writing another 'Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle' story, which I am very excited for, so I will be posting that very soon! It's called 'My Jewel' and is completely different from 'Heart'.

Thanks again so much guys! <3 :) I guess, for the last time in this story, thank you all so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :) And remember, to quote Vera: 'Never stop living the adventure!' Bye!)