Ten: Caught!

She took off running through the crowd

She took off running through the crowd. With no chance to ask questions, the others were left standing there confused. That was until they heard the motors and saw the lights of the bikes - this snapped them into action and they quickly followed suit.

The group tore through the bazaar, knocking into people and booths and crates, making a huge mess of the beautiful place. They heard angry shouting behind them and could only guess that the men had abandoned their bikes and were now chasing after them on foot.

"Hey!" someone yelled in protest as they knocked over a stack of crates full of goods to be sold.

"Sorry!"

It didn't take long for Vera and Spencer, who were of course in the lead being the fastest ones there, to become enclosed by a group of the men. They stood, back-to-back, assessing their situation.

"Uh, you take those guys and I'll take these guys," Spencer suggested, eyeing the men before him. He turned to the rather burly man standing directly in front of him. "I should warn you, I think I'm a very strong puncher."

"Just punch him!" cried Vera. And with that she stepped forward and delivered a kick to the gut of one of the men, beginning the fight. Spencer followed suit and threw a punch, which much to his shock, sent the man sailing through the ceiling boards and up into the sky. Surprised but impressed, he didn't have much time to bask in his victory as another man came at him with knives, whipping one towards them which Spencer managed to catch mid-flight - right before it struck Fridge through the forehead. He dropped the knife into Fridge's hands and stepped forward, this time with confidence. "Let's do this."

Soon Vera was much too shocked to fight herself and joined the others in watching Spencer single-handedly take down all the men. Not that she hadn't seen Bravestone fight before, and it was impressive, but Spencer's expression as he successfully fought was priceless. She looked especially impressed when he tossed a man through the wall.

"Wow! That is insane!" cried Bethany, echoing everyone's thoughts.

Now all the men lay scattered across the bazaar. Spencer turned back to his friends, a wide grin on his face. Did you see that?! his eyes cried.

"Not bad Bravestone," Vera complimented.

He nodded thankfully. "You too Bailey."

Bang! Bang!

Sudden, sharp gunshots rang throughout the now panicked bazaar. People screamed. A figure pushed through the crowd.

Vera froze. She recognized those gunshots.

Van Pelt was here.

(Duh duh DUH!!! Haha! ;) I'm super excited for the next chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed, thanks so much for reading as always! :))