Chapter 2

We were like most shifters or wolves. We all had mates out there somewhere, we lived in packs, had territories that were ruled by Alpha's and Beta's, and their Luna's. 

This was all normal for us.

The only problem in every pack was the view of the she-wolves. While the males were meant to be strong, smart and good fighters (allowing them to protect their mates, children, and fellow pack-mates), females were basically there to have babies and "satisfy" their mates.

It was ridiculous. Like a female couldn't be just as good a fighter as a boy.

Ever since I was 14, when we all began to shift for the first time, I knew that us she-wolves were treated differently.

I had shifted a little earlier than the other girls. Around the same time as the boys. So, obviously, I wanted to join in with pack activities.

I thought this would mean I could go to training, on runs and start patrols. But I was wrong. Instead, I was told I would be taught to cook, clean and made to look after the children of the pack.

At first I rebelled. I tried to sneak out on runs, get glimpses of what the boys were learning as the Alpha trained them. But I was soon caught and forced to listen to my Luna lecture me about a she-wolf's "true" place.

That had been a long two hours.

Afterward, I did start doing as I was told. But only because I had found an alternative.

One of the older wolves, a guy named James, had seen me sneaking around, watching the boys. At first he had thought I was some hormonal teenager who was completely boy-crazy.

That was until he saw me attempting some of the same moves. 

He was five years older than me, and was actually one of the best fighters in the pack. He generally helped with the training of the older wolves.

But he took me under his wing. For the last three years, he had taught me to fight in secret. It was usually early in the mornings, before school. No one had ever found out.

It was a good thing too, because I was actually incredibly strong for a female, able to actually defeat any of the other guys my age.

And that's what had led me to my decision to try for pack warrior.

A pack warrior was one of the strongest members (aka males) in the pack. They were also very skilled in attacking and defending. If there were ever disputes between packs or rogue attacks, it was the pack warriors that were went out to protect the rest of us (aka females).

But there had never been a female pack warrior. Until today.

I had driven much crazier than I usually would have, speeding a little, but my heightened wolf senses meant I could cope with this.

Pulling up to the pack house, I practically leaped out of the car, not even bothering to lock it. Lisa got out slowly, trudging behind me.

I skipped through the front door, throwing my bag to the side and basically jumping on the spot as I watched Lisa do the same.

She then stumbled past me into the living room. The room was massive, with four long sofas that were arranged in a kind of semi-circle around the giant flat-screen plasma TV. Around the rest of the room were bookshelves, other chairs and tables. We had a big pack.

I watched her yawn loudly and collapse dramatically onto one of the empty sofas. Other members of the pack watched her do this and chuckled. I just stood over her smiling and batting my eyelashes at her.