Chapter 32

I ran upstairs and saw a huge hallway. I glanced around, barely taking note of the sounds around me. I needed to get outside.

I followed the growling, hoping the fighting was going on outside. 

Just as I saw the front door, a window to the left was completely smashed as a huge brown wolf burst through it. I froze and stared. I sniffed the air, recognising him instantly. 

James took a step forward, and I smiled. But I knew that there was a battle going on outside. I shook my head lightly.

"We don't have time. We can sort everything later. Right now, we have to kick some rogue ass."

He nodded his giant head and I ran out the door. Knowing that it was my pack that was fighting gave me a burst of energy. Or it might have been the pain medicine kicking in.

As I saw the scene in front of me, my eyes bulged. There were wolves fighting everywhere. The grass was stained with blood. I scanned the clearing and tried to recognise as many wolves as I could.

I turned and saw a sandy coloured wolf, that I knew to be Tommy's. He was fighting two large grey wolves. But he was injured and they were closing in on him. Thinking of Lisa and the baby, I charged forward, leaping into the air and grabbing one of the rogues. I kicked him hard in the sides and he whined. 

Falling to the ground, I took the opportunity to snap his neck.

Before I had time to think, the other rogue had leapt at me. I backflipped off his friend, landing a little shakily. The rogue snapped at me, but missed. I threw a hard punch, hitting his face, and then a kick to the ribs. I heard the breaking and he yelped.

Without stopping, I grabbed the knife and stabbed him in the neck.

I was breathing heavily as I pulled out the knife and stood up. I saw the gratitude in Tommy's eyes, but I just shook my head. We didn't have time.

I jumped back into action, fighting every rogue I could see. I helped my pack members, but I still hadn't seen Damien, and I couldn't shift or mind link him.

I was trying not to think about him, because then I would worry. What if he was hurt?

We were winning. There were few rogues left standing. I was panting as I stabbed a male in the stomach. He collapsed to the floor. That's when I saw Declan.

My eyes narrowed and I saw the fear. Fear of his own death. His pack members were dying right in front of him. I made my way towards him, vaguely aware of people moving around me.

A wolf tried to attack me from the left, but I ducked just in time, sticking my knife in the air and cutting along his underbelly. Blood covered my clothes, but I barely noticed. I had been covered in blood for days.

Declan saw me then. His eyes filled with confusion and terror. He thought I was dead, that his bullet had killed me.

My eyes narrowed as I walked across the clearing. He had a bodyguard with him, who leapt at me. I side stepped him, so he went flying and was then attacked by one of my pack mates.

Declan tried to throw a punch at me, but I dodged it. I dodged the frantic movements he made, my anger building. I watched as he floundered.

Then I swept the knife low, catching both his legs. He fell to the ground in a heap, groaning. I stood over him.

"How do you feel now Declan?"

I sounded crazy, my voice a whisper. I saw him cringe back as blood poured out from the cuts. I moved my foot and stood on one of his legs. He screamed out.