Bonus

Please enjoy these very short stories.

The Cupcake

Nineteen-year-old Claire steps into the kitchen to find Ava on the floor on top of Ahmed.

"Claire, this isn't what it looks like!" Ava says.

Claire raises an eyebrow. "So, why, exactly, are you sitting on Ahmed?"

Ava places her hands on her hips. "Because he refuses to promise he won't grab the last cupcake. So I need to wrestle him into submission."

"You'll never break me!" Ahmed shouts. "That cupcake is MINE!" And he yanks Ava back down.

"I'll teach you to pull an underhanded move like that!" Ava exclaims.

Claire observes the tussle, arms crossed, saying nothing.

"Augh!" Ahmed yells. "And THAT wasn't underhanded?"

Claire steps around the friends as they roll on the floor.

"You are NOT eating that cupcake!" Ava says. "Be a gentleman and give it to the lady!"

"The lady who is crushing my stomach?" Ahmed says.

Claire walks to the counter. She examines the cupcake. It's chocolate, with whipped chocolate frosting. Her favorite.

"The lady who can kick your butt!" Ava retorts.

Claire takes a bite.

"Oh, so might makes right? Tyranny, I say!" Ahmed says with a fake British accent.

"Tyrrany! Ha!" Ava starts doing a British accent too. "'Tis equality! You ate the last five cupcakes!"

Claire licks her lips. She gets why they're fighting. This is a REALLY good cupcake.

[A digital drawing of Claire and Ava

[A digital drawing of Claire and Ava. Claire is happy stimming, and both are laughing. This cute picture is by  ValentineRose529, she/her, who goes by Roseheart.650 on Instagram (and Episode). The artist says that the two of them have just finished watching a really funny cat video and are laughing about it.]

Mr. White's New Life

Mr. White sits in a prison cell, wearing an orange jumpsuit and a deep scowl. "Ugh!" he mutters. "I can't believe they stopped me! I was so close to getting rid of that burden once and for all!" He lets out a huff. "Just a little bit longer, and she would be dead... and at least I would have done some good, ridding the world of her!"

"Yes," says Mr. White's cellmate, a tall guy known only as Berserker Henry. "I get it. You tried to kill your daughter and you failed."

Mr. White shifts on his feet.

"Well, you know what I did?" says Beserker Henry. "I killed my last bunkmate because he never shut up!"

Mr. White pales. "...I see," he says. And he shuts up.