三十八・永遠にあなた

[Wonwoo]

A tear escaped, rolling down my cheek. Then I felt a large hand on my shoulder, gently rubbing soothing circles onto my skin.

"Wonwoo-hyung... Are you OK?" 

"Mingyu-ah," I gently removed his hand as I turned around to face him.

"Why did you come back for me?"

I immediately regretted my words as it was now Mingyu's turn to choke back on tears.

"B-But we promised! We promised each other! Have you forgotten the day we bid our farewells? Don't you remember my vow to come back? Why-"

I wrapped my arms around his neck, needing to tip-toe a bit.

"Mingyu, I'm so sorry..." I clung harder onto his broad shoulders as more tears proceeded to roll down my face.

"Hyung..."

"I-I'm the worst, I'm s-so sorry Mingyu... You deserved s-someone much better than a l-loser like m-me... I-I'll pray for y-your happiness-" 

"... Hyung... Was I not good enough? Did I do anything that upset you? Could I have done anything differently?"

I could feel the bittersweet sensation of heartbreak in his words as they were each choked out as if he were struggling for air.

I felt my heart was getting stabbed each time he spoke, guilt carving deep wounds of sorrow into my bitter heart.

"T-Then please... g-give me a second...chance,"  

"M-Mingyu-ah, please g-get up."

My heart was stabbed with a pang of guilt as his teary eyes met mine, shining with newfound hope.

"I l-loved you... I truly did... Please, never doubt that... You deserve happiness and much more. I'm sorry that I n-never gave you any of that..."

We both stood there, sobbing into each other's embrace.

"Wonwoo-hyung, I understand that you love him, and I will respect that. However, I still love you and I will never forget the memories of our time spent together, for each precious moment is deeply engraved into my soul forever."

I sobbed harder, heart pained with guilt and anger towards myself.

"Please answer me honestly," Mingyu said seriously, sniffing a bit as he dried up his tears, looking deeply into my now swollen eyes.

"Do you still love me?"

"......"

"I..."

He flashed me the smile I once loved the most, pearly canines and everything.

"It's alright hyung, it's alright," He said, patting my head gently.

Tears rolled down his cheek as he removed his hands from my waist and gently pecked me on my forehead.

"I guess this is our final goodbye, hyung."

I stood there, rooted to the ground as he slowly turned his back towards me, walking off into the setting sun.

"Wait!"

He looked back for a brief moment, and gave me another of his toothy, canine smiles. But this time, I fear it's the last one I'll ever see.

"Good bye my love."