The Fire - Chapter Five

Plicity's P.O.V.

The car pulled up to the church and it was on fire. They're were a bunch of little kids standing around and some adults, looked like a school field trip. The adults were shouting about some of the kids still being in the church. Before I even knew what was going on Ponyboy jumped out of the car and took off toward the church, I followed fast behind him and Johnny was behind me.

We broke through one of the boarded up windows on the church and went inside. It was so hot. I should've been scared, but I wasn't. Maybe it was because I didn't take time to think about anything but getting those kids, I don't know.

"That guy comin'," Johnny asked above the roar of the fire.

"No," I said.

"Too scared," Ponyboy asked.

"Too fat," I answered.

We were in the backroom of the church picking up kids and handing them out the window to Dally. After the last kid was out Dally grabbed Ponyboy and pulled him out the window. Johnny was standing right in the middle of the room and I was against the far wall. I think I faintly heard Dally yelling to us to get out, but it was hard to hear.

CRACK!

I looked up the ceiling was starting to give and the whole top of the church was going to come down on Johnny. He didn't even know it. Right as it fell I leaped to push Johnny out of the way. I felt my hands collide with his body and I could only hope I was successful. I watch as the church came down on top of me. I was glad it was me and not Johnny.

I loved Johnny, I couldn't let him die.

CRASH!

Dally's P.O.V.

I watched as Plicity shoved Johnny almost all the way out of the church. I grabbed him and pulled him the rest of the way out. She was still in there. I went in after her.

Ponyboy's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of an ambulance siren.

"Johnny, Dallas, Plicity!"

"It's alright boy." The guy from the church said pushing me back down. "They're in the ambulances behind us." He paused for a while. "You kids professional heros or something?"

"We're greasers."

"You're kidding."

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I was sitting in the hospital lobby with Johnny and the man from the ambulance. The doctor said we were well, but Dally had cut up his arm and would have to stay a few days. Dally came rolling by on a hospital bed.

"If you ever pull a stunt like that again I'll kill you," Dally said as he rolled by.

Plicity was a whole nother story she had been hit and trapped by the ceiling after pushing Johnny out of the way. The doctors wouldn't tell us anything about her. Which meant it was bad. She went rolling by. She was passed out and extremely burned. Johnny put his head in his hands.

"That should be me man. This feels wrong."

"She'll be alright Johnny," I said hoping to comfort him.

"She's hurt 'cause I didn't have half the sense to get outta the way."

I looked down the hall to see Soda, Darry, and Two-Bit. I went and hugged Soda and Darry.

"I thought we had lost you like we lost mom and dad," Darry said relieved.

I looked over at Two-Bit. He looked not happy.

"Where's Plicity at Pony?"

"The doctors got her they won't let us see her."

Two-Bit took off down the hall only to stop and talk to Johnny. Eventually he sat down next to him. Soda and Darry took me home. I fell asleep in the car halfway there.

A/N

I'm sorry this chapter is so short. Thank you.

Comment

Vote

Share

Bye!