Chapter 1

ᘀ William ᗽ

The giant came lumbering toward me which was rare because giants were kept in their valleys by the battalion to defend the country. But this giant, it looked a lot different than most giants. It was bigger, dumber and had a more of a ruthless look on its face.

I remember I was exercising the horses when the giant came. I was on Altivo (my horse) when I heard a thundering of slow steps coming from the Dones Forest. I looked up and saw a massive giant walking toward me.

Instantly paralyzing fear shot through me. Altivo sensed my fear and started running to the house. The dogs saw the giant as well and bolted to the house, barking like crazy.

I had a funny feeling in me that the beast had come for me but I didn't know why.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the thought, of course, he isn't here for me. He just got lost. Besides, runaway giants end up in farms all the time, don't they?

When I got to the barn I put Altivo in his stall and locked it. I quickly went around to make sure each stall was locked firmly and after, I firmly locked the barn.

I looked up, now close so I could get a better view of the giant and studied his face.

The giant was definitely not a pretty sight. He had a huge scar down his face where his left ear should have been "Okay so it's deaf" I thought. With such dirty skin, you would think he had just climbed out of a bog. He had lost at least half his teeth and had a swollen left eye. He had bruises and cuts all over but what was most distinguishable was the malevolent grin spread across his face. I was armed with my sword and I ran up and cut its leg. It roared in pain and lifted it's massive, dirty grimy foot.

"Holy crap! My feet aren't even that dirty after I've been working all day in the swamp" I thought.

I was thinking about its feet so much that I didn't realize that its feet went up and what goes up must come down. I ran under a big tree right when the giant's foot came in contact with the ground right where I was standing. As I was planning my next move, a man in a black, shiny armor of dragon skin came on a huge horse and picked me up by my shirt, through me over his shoulder and galloped off.

I was able to jump off and start running toward the house but then the giant picked me up and as I was going up my head hit a long tree branch and knocked me out.

I woke up. I was in some sort of cage. The room had a very strong smell of sewer and the walls were black brick.

I gulped, realizing where I was- the sewers of Chiclet, Eblene.

I heard some footsteps and then a voice.

"Is he awake?" the voice said.

"W-well, I h-heard some n-noises coming, so maybe," said another, more cowardly voice.

"He'd better be." said the first voice.

The footsteps began again and came closer and then the clanking of chains as the door opened.

I looked up and saw a huge burly man, with a full beard and brown hair. He had big arms and a huge sword- the largest I have ever seen.

"Hello, William." the man said, sinisterly. "I'm Hunter Ejele."

I gasped as he said this. He was Hunter Ejele, the most wanted criminal in Arcis and is one of the very few descended from the בארלו (Barlow) family heritage, so, therefore, immortal. He has trapped hundreds of thousands of men and women all over the world, never to be seen again.

"Now I know that you are a very skilled archer and you are very determined so we would never be able to actually keep you imprisoned, William." he continued. "But I also know that you love your family very much."