ONE

A/N: Play the song whilst reading! Helps envision how she feels throughout the chapter.
Cut My Hair-Monika

🐥

Hearing small clothes ruffling against each other and movements beside me, I felt a hand shake my shoulder lightly. Scrunching my eyebrows, I opened my eyes blinking a few times my vision was blurry and spotty.

The artificial light shone through to my retinas as I tried to shield my eyes from the light. Rubbing my eyes quickly I turned to see my dad, his lips curve into a smile as he hands me my backpack.

Over the airplane's speaker, I heard the flight attendant speaking.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Ulineun incheon gonghang-e dochaghaessda." During her talk, many passengers including me let out a small sigh in relief. Laying on a plane this long is going to hurt my back when I'm older, how the hell do people do this all the time?

*Hello everyone. We have arrived at Incheon Airport.

She spoke again, snapping me out of my thoughts, thanking us for riding with their airlines.

"Uliwa hamkke seungcha hae jusyeoseo gamsahabnida."

Unbuckling the seatbelt, I stretched my arms into the air whilst twisting my back. Letting out a big yawn, my eyes watered almost instantly. Covering my mouth for a split second, I let out a groan of satisfaction.

Taking my phone out of my backpack pocket, I checked the time it was 4:30 AM. Normally, back home I would still be up on my phone watching game shows or fangirling over boy groups but being on a plane for 13 hours.

That is a completely different story.

Once I saw that my dad has gotten up from his chair, I followed behind him in suit. He leaned for the overhead bin for our row and grabbed both of our carry ons. Walking out of the tube thing to connect to the airport, the flight attendants greeted us once more.

Once my foot stepped into the arrival area, it finally hit me.

I was going to live in Seoul now.

Appa rested a hand onto my shoulder and squeezed it. I felt a frown rest on my lips as I was unsure about myself again, before I had the chance to say anything he shook his head.

"Your brother is waiting for us. It'll be okay Kaimi, you have us." Appa's words seem to ease me a little, it might be the jet lag as well. I just want to believe it will okay.

After walking for a few minutes, we reached outside of the airport, where I see a black SUV parked. I heard music blasting and a big smile crept onto my face.

The car door opened as it revealed my brother, walking towards us. He was wearing an olive green Champion sweatsuit and some black slides, his face lit up as he spotted Appa and I.

"Kaimi!" I rushed to him as I threw my arms around him as he did the same my backpack sloppily fell down to my arms.

I haven't seen Parker for almost 3 years, he moved to Seoul when I was 10. Letting me go, he ruffled my messy hair and pulled on my hoodie strings.

"Welcome to Seoul, yeodonsaeng." He told me with a big smile as our father walked up to us, setting the bags down to the ground.

*Little sister.

"Abeogi! Nan dangsin-i geuliwoyo." Parker engulfed him into a hug as our father laughed. He wrapped his arms around Parker as he patted his back pulling away.

*Dad! I miss you.

I grabbed the bags on the floor and opened the trunk to the car, putting the bags inside the empty space. Closing the heavy trunk, I opened the car door and hopped into it.

Leaning my head back onto the car seat, the rich leather smell dances in my nostrils.

Ugh, naneun geu naemsaega silh-eo.

*Hate that smell.

I turned my head to the left, to see the scenery of the sky before the sun started to rise. It felt so peaceful here, not compared to the robust noises in NYC. They piled into the car as my brother started the engine up, within a few minutes we were driving on the highway.

Closing my weary eyes, my ears were filled with the sound of a unfamiliar but calm Korean song that was playing. The volume was high enough for me to hear, but low enough where it wouldn't disturb me.

Peaceful.