TWO

My eyebrows scrunched up together, I placed my index and thumb fingers on my chin, pondering. Holding two pieces of fabric in my hands, I parted my glossy lips to speak.

"Which one?"

I lifted a creamy white curtain that had lace embroidery on it, along with a all white curtain with lemon prints all over it. Appa let out a big laugh, shocking the worker that was passing by. I clamped my mouth shut, holding in a giggle.

"I think the white curtain for the living room would look good, you can use the lemon color one if you want." He faced his head down again looking at some comforter sets and other necessities.

Putting the white curtains into the cart, disposing of the lemon one. I strolled around and grabbed a indigo blue curtain. Ah, perfect. Now I won't get blinded by the sunlight when I wake up, like this morning.

It was way too bright, my room just had to face the way the sun rises everyday.

I tugged on the bottom of my navy blue collared shirtdress, the view of my high top white Converse entered my vision. I had on a long off white cardigan as well.

My brown wavy hair was falling down my shoulders, bouncing with every step I took. Pushing the cart around the corner into a different aisle, it rammed into a boy, who looked around the same age as me.

My mouth fell open as I went next to him, he was rubbing his ankles from the wheels that hit him. He had black short hair- like how Oppa had when he was younger. He looked kind of dorky but mean. He was a little taller than me, he looked down at me as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry! I didn't see you." He looked at me curiously as I remembered I wasn't in America anymore.

He seemed to understand me though as he nodded before I saw a small smile creep onto his lips, before it faded away quickly.

"Joesong haeyo. Neo gwaenchanh ni?" His mouth fell agape as he took a small step back, I tilted my head to the side raising an eyebrow.

*I'm sorry, are you okay?

Still looking at him, he hasn't said a word yet. A smile fell on his lips as he shook his head, he walked back to me as he looked at me curiously.

A little too close.

No boy has ever been this close to my face, and I feel my cheeks start to heat up. His voice filled my ears as I let out a giggle, he had a soft spoken voice that I wasn't expecting at all.

"Hangug-eo jalhasineyo.." He watched me as I nodded, jumbling over my words in my mind. I finally found the way to word it correctly, I wasn't the best in Korean as we spoke English regularly but I could speak it well enough.

*You speak Korean well.

Pressing my lips together, I parted them to answer him, "Naneun hangug-in-ida."

*I am Korean.

Surprise swept over his face as I could see he was visibly shocked, he makes a 'ah' sound. He looks down to his phone as a ding sound comes through, he looks up and waves to me.

"Annyeong." He told me quickly before he walked off quickly, I nodded to myself, that wasn't that bad.

People weren't mean to me at all, most of them were just shocked I'm Korean. I don't really 'look' it as my skin was slightly tan and my lips were fuller, my mother was Hawaiian and Chinese.

"Kaimi, are you done?" I jumped to the sound of Appa's voice as I rested my palm onto my chest.

"Sesange! You scared me, but yes. I don't think I need anything else." He took the cart from my hands as he started to walk to the cashier, looking to see what was in the cart.

*Oh my god.

Following suit, my mind wandered to the boy, his eyes were captivating in that minute that we talked. I know my heart was trying to escape from my chest and hug him. He was staring at me so intently, like he was trying to figure out who I was, staring into my soul.

Letting a small laugh out, there's no way I'm going to see him ever again.

Ah, another temporary street crush.