Chapter 20

I read the text, which said, ‘Break up with Scott and stop all communications with him or I will make your life miserable. You got 24 hours.’

It was too early to find out who it was, so I’ll wait till morning.

It was about ten when I woke up. I headed towards the kitchen to make me some cereal. When I went into the living room, I came across a cute brother-sister love. Grace was laying on the couch with her hand in Scott’s hand, whom is sitting slash laying in the floor by the couch; both asleep.

I decided not to wake them but make them breakfast. I chose the simplest thing I could think of, which was eggs with a side of bacon and toast. Once I had everything set up, a half a sleep Grace limped to the kitchen table.

“This smells delicious! Can I have some or do we have to wait from Scott?” Grace asked.

“Go ahead, dig in. I’ll get Scott up and do you need anything while I’m up?” I replied.

Grace flashed me a smile and said, “Some Advil please.”

“You got it.”

I left Grace in the kitchen then went to the bathroom to grab the bottle of Advil. On my way back to the kitchen, I stopped by the living room to wake up Scott.

“Hey Scotty. It’s time to get up. You’re food is getting cold.” I lightly shook him.

“Okay. Give me five more minutes mommy.” Scott said shifting in his spot, still asleep.

I laughed at what he called me and headed into the kitchen.

“Here you go Grace. Need anything else?”

“Nah, I’m good. I think I hear your phone.”

“Ummm…yep that’s my phone.”

“It went off really late. Is everything okay?” Grace asked with a concerned look on her face.

“I think so. It was a number I didn’t recognize and they wanted me to break up with Scott and break off all communications or they will make my life miserable. I have till two the next morning.” I replied.

“What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to stay with Scott. My love for him is stronger than any fear. I want to see them try.”

“Well I wish you best of luck and I’m always here for you.”

______________________

Sorry for the slow updates. I have nothing to do and I get lazy so I don't write. I also have summer read so I have that too. So I will try to update by Saturday.