Confused on her living conditions?

Okay. So I tried explaining Christine's studio apartment to my friend and it was so hard. I'm guessing you guys might be a little confused on what her house looks like, I looked for pics but really didn't find anything that matched with what was in my head. I don't know if you guys even care but I'm gonna explain it anyways because I don't wanna study for the 3 tests I have tomorrow haha.

So only one story of her house is seen. It is the top level which has her furniture, kitchen, bed, and everything else. But there is like a basement so it is like under ground..that is the hardwood studio/old gym. It's light colored wood, like 2 windows but since it is under ground the bottom of the windows are met with the top of the concrete. Does that make sense? I can envision it but idk if you guys can. So like in horror movies, like on the house there are little windows closer to the ground that get broken into and enter into the basement. I hope it clears things up a little. So how is the underground level connected to the main floor? Well the studio is connect with a spiral black painted staircase(like in wizards of something place) in the corner.

Yea well that's pretty much it. I JUST started the 3rd chapter. Give me lots of votes and reads and comments! Kik me at soccerloversarah if y'all wanna talk or ask questions. I'm here for you guys if you guys are having a rough patch. My stories kind of give a little insight in my life. They explain things I want to do or just relate to my life in a more exaggerated way. I have been through seriously scary and life changing shit so if you need help, don't be scared to kik me. From cutting to suicide to family problems to friend problems to stress to be confused of your sexuality to depression to just having a regular conversation, I'm here for you guys!