Why do you care?

I'm sorry for the wait but I'm pretty sure that it's long and I hope that you guys enjoy. rate and comment. Love you all!! Okay we'll continue and read on!

It was a Tuesday and it was the 2nd week of school. Ugh! Why can't it just be over already? I hate acting like something I'm not..I already did way too much of that in New York in middle school. I didn't really mind any of my classes but Alejandro was still a pain in my ass. My battle wound was healing up quite nicely and all that was remaining was a prominent scar on my tanned hip. When I was younger, and my father actually paid attention to me, he used to tell me I healed faster than most people because our relatives were tough and fought many long battles but rejuvenated fast. Apparently fighting was in my blood; that explains way too much. Sam and I were on our usual routine, walking to school in the morning. It was starting to cool off in the mornings instead of blazing hot from the summer time. I hated this weather, sunny all the fucking time?! What the hell is wrong with California? Does it like never rain or get chilly and have light snow falls? I guess not. Sam was making a joke and we both threw our heads back and roaring laughs fell from our mouths. Once our giggles were hushed, I swore I heard footsteps in the alley a little bit behind us. I discreetly turned my head towards Sam and saw a figure in the corner of my eye cowering behind the brick wall of the alley we had just passed seconds before. I saw a red bandana hanging out of the pocket of the male in the alley and soon remembered that Javier and his boys had red bandanas. I soon realized how much trouble the two of us would be in trouble and Sam is like a puppy, more like the runt of the liter. No matter what would happen, it would not end pretty. I grasped Sam's hand and pulled it downwards so his ear was closer to my mouth level.

I whispered slowly in his ear, "We are being followed by Javier's gang. I want you to jog to the school and I will probably see you in second period, okay?"

He pulls away after I finish my sentence. He looks at me with a stunned expression on his face but then looks sympathetically at me.

He studies my face for a few more moments and replies, "I know I have never gotten into a fight in my whole entire life but I seriously can't leave you by yourself.." he trails off and looks at the ground.

"Yes you can. And you will okay Sam?" I kiss his cheek and give him a little push. He begins to jog off and makes a left around the building and is out of sight within seconds.

I start walking in the same direction and soon aware of numerous members of Javier's gang appear from alley ways, behind trash cans, and just walking towards me. One of the guys that i was unfamiliar with, because he was not there when i kicked Javier's ass, came right in front of me. He was built strong, muscular, and he had broad shoulders that were covered in a white wife beater tank. This certain guy wore his red bandana on his head with a lot of pride.

"Hey shorty, you with the black gang?" He asks with his lip curled up with a look of disgust. I started walking away because he reminded me of many different guys in New York and he was already pissing me off. I felt an arm snake around my waist and turn me around.

"Don't touch me or I will break your face in." I say calmly to him while i swat away his hand away.

"I asked you a simple question bitch!" He said referring to my black bandana that was for my hair.

Ohh now I get it, they were from the "red gang" and wanted to know if I was a part of the black gang trespassing. It clicked quickly because obviously there were a lot of gangs in NY. Hmmm...lets have fun with this i thought to myself.

"And if i am?" I ask carelessly.

"Then there will be one less bitch to worry about in the world" he said with an eyebrow lift and a smirk.