ELEVEN.

HER POINT OF VIEW

the ride to school was quiet, it was the first time in a while that i rode with lucas instead of farkle. i didnt even wanna see his face today or i might kill him or even worse give in to him. my mind was racing with a million different thoughts on how today was gonna go. the nauseous feeling in my stomach only seemed to grow as we pulled into the school parking lot. i must've been too focused to notice lucas had parked, because he grabbed my hand.

"hey, are you okay, babe?" he asked and the sincerity in his voice made me smile. "i know you and farkle had a fight, but it will be okay. you two have been best friends since forever.. you guys will make up."

i had to give it to lucas, he had a heart of gold. i called him after my incident with farkle and asked if he could pick me up. i was in tears but he didnt question it and waited till i explained what had happened.. i might've skipped a few details like the fact that farkle kissed me or he thought i had feelings for him, but i told him the basics like riley is a fucking snake. 

"im fine." i mumbled quietly and shot him an assuring smile. "you're right, it will be okay." i nodded my head and took a deep breath in before letting it out.

he smiled at me once more before getting out his car and i got out also. he came around the car and held his hand out for me. i gladly took it and wrapped my arms around his arm. he smiled at my affectionate touch and i blushed in response. my moment of bliss was quickly taken away as we passed farkle's familiar car. he was sitting on the hood talking to riley, they were laughing about something but when our eyes met.. he stopped laughing slowly and diverted his eyes in a matter of seconds.

lucas squeezed my hand to assure me and i smiled in response. i looked down as we walked inside and soon we were greeted by zay. 

"if it isnt the school's power couple." he chuckled which made us both laugh lightly also. "maya, mind if i steal your boyfriend away? the team is discussing the big game plan for our homecoming game."

i knew i couldnt be selfish and keep lucas away from his friends all though he was the only thing keeping me sane. "yeah go ahead." i ultimately decided and let go of lucas with a small smile. 

he locked eyes with me, "are you sure?" he asked and i nodded my head. he smiled at me once more before disappearing with zay towards the cafeteria where most of the football players ate breakfast together and talked till the bell rang.

i sighed and moved a piece of hair out of my face as i began to walk towards my locker. i took my bag off of my shoulder and i was in the midst of pulling my book out of the bag when i noticed someone was coming closer to me in my peripheral vision. i rolled my eyes as i stuck the book into my locker and looked at the brunette next to me.

"what?" i asked with not expression as she smiled sweetly to me.

"i just wanted to say thank you for doing as you were told." she giggled with made my blood boil, but i didnt wanna give her the satisfaction of knowing she got to me so i ignored her and turned back towards my locker.

"arent you supposed to be with farkle?" i asked to which she chuckled softly.

"he actually went to the restroom, so he told me he would meet me by my locker." she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. "how does it feel, maya? to know that farkle chose me over you."

i balled my hand into a fist as i listened to every word, but still remained quiet.

"this really is for the better. lucas doesn't find out about your little fling and your fling with farkle is over. everyone's happy." i tightened my grip on my locker. she smiled with a large grin. "this really is for the better."

i slammed my locker which made her flinch at the loud noise. her eyes widen and the hallway became quiet.

"is this a game to you? i lost my fucking best friend." i whispered only loud enough for her to hear. she didnt reply so i continued. "its over, right? happy? then leave me alone! i could crush you like a bug."

HIS POINT OF VIEW

i dried my hands with a paper towel as i walked out the bathroom and threw it in the trashcan. i began to walk towards riley locker when the sudden loud noise made me jump. i looked over to where the noise was coming from and spotted riley and maya talking. i rolled my eyes in frustration and walked over, but as soon as i came close so did lucas.

"okay, everyone just calm down." lucas sighed as he wrapped his arm arm around maya. i came closer and stood beside riley.

"are you okay?" i asked her and she nodded her with a small smile. i looked over at maya and looking in her blue eyes almost made me stop breathing. she seemed so small in lucas's arm with her big piercing ocean colored eyes peering over at me. her blonde hair was straightened instead of curled like the last time i saw her. i wanted to ask her if we could talk, but i knew this wasnt the moment. i snapped back to reality when i realized she was saying something.

"just forget it." she mumbled before walking with lucas next to her. it had only been a few hours since we last spoke and still she was the only person i wanted to talk to. it was weird. maybe i was the one with the feelings for her, but i could never admit it. she didnt seem to miss me, which was fine. i didnt expect her to, but it still hurt.

"are you okay?" riley as she looked up at me with her big brown eyes. 

"yeah.. yeah everything's fine. lets go to your locker." i smiled at her and soon a smile was on her lips. she kissed my cheek softly. "so i was thinking... homecoming is coming up. would you like to go with me? i was thinking of doing some cheesy thing, but i wasnt sure."

"this is good enough for me." she grinned and nodded her head. "but for prom im gonna have to  expect something more." she teased which made me laugh. 

"i love you, you know that right?" riley stopped in front of me and stated. 

"now i do." i smiled back at her before grabbing her hand and walking with her. i frowned in confusion because i did love riley, but i just couldnt say it for some reason. she didnt bring it up again as we came to her locker. she meant a lot to me, but i couldnt find the words.. a simple 'i love you too' would have been fine. the next few classes were fine and everything was okay till i got to my class before lunch. 

maya was already seated in her usual seat next to me. she had her hair out her face in a pony tail which looked nice on her. i walked towards my seat and sat my stuff down before sitting in my seat. she didnt look up or acknowledge me. the bell rang and the teacher walked in. she began to talk about something but i could only pay attention to maya.

"can you stop staring, please?" she whispered in a soft voice so only i could hear. i couldnt help but smile cause it sounded like something she would say, but she didnt have her usual smile on her lips. her face was expressionless as she turned her head to look at the teacher.

i gripped my pencil harder then i meant to and the sudden snap made everyone look in my direction even maya. "sorry." i laughed it off softly and the discussion continued. maya slowly looked away and didnt say a word. i just wanted it to be like it had before the first time we had sex, but that was impossible. i knew everything about her. i knew every inch of skin on her body cause i had explored her body so many times. i knew her better then anyone even lucas and it felt weird knowing it would never be the same.

--

a/n: two chapters in the span of two maybe three hours? i didnt keep track of time ah anyways the last chapter was already written i just never posted it and this one took an hour or so. im excited for the next part cause its about to get angsty.