Chapter Three - Don't Talk To Strangers

I have to say the ride back home was not what I expected. It was filled with laughter and happiness, the complete opposite of what I speculated. It was almost as if nothing ever happened. As if Matt didn't exist so he wouldn't be able to dump me and make me feel like trash. As if all of my worries and troubles were slowly fading away just like before. How long would this feeling last? I don't know, but hopefully, forever.

For a while it was silent, the windows of the red car were rolled down all the way. The wind blew through my hair and the rush of it against my skin was very calming but the pressure forced me to shut my eyes. At that moment in time I felt like I was a part of the wind, going where ever life took me, no control over it whatsoever. The sound of someone making a whistling noise disrupted my thinking.

I opened my blue eyes noticing we were at a stoplight. Directly outside of my window sitting on an all blue, rusty motorcycle was a familiar looking male. I wasn't sure at first but he seemed to resemble me or I resembled him since he was older. He caught my eye and smiled at me before winking and shifting on his bike.

I was completely unaware of my facial expression at that moment but I'm sure my eyebrows were scrunched together and my mouth opened slightly. The dark haired boy leaned closer to me starting to look all over and my face. His eyebrows suddenly rose up high, he seemed almost, shocked. I closed my mouth not wanting to let anything get in by any chance. His face was now hard to read it was filled with a bunch of different expressions.

I turned to Nicole who was now checking her texts and Danielle was in the back dozing off on the leather seating that still wore a new scent. The light had turned green but Nicole failed to notice even with the millions of cars honking at her from behind. I looked out the window supposing this familiar man had left but he was still there... waiting for me?

"Autumn" he says more as a question gripping onto the handles of his vehicle tightly, both feet firmly on the ground. His hair was growing out of its buzz cut, showing short curly locks.

"Can I help you?" I say pulling my dark hair onto my right shoulder with one sweep. The boy was speechless but just as he was about to say something - probably vital to my health - Nicole speeds off like a maniac.

"Nicole!" I shrieked at her, "I was having a proper conversation with God knows who and you speed off?" 

"I am so sorry love, but hasn’t your mother ever told you not to talk to strangers?” she says showing off a cheeky smile.

It was hard to be mad with Nicole or even Danielle but I find that it’s virtually impossible not to, If Nicole isn’t only worrying of herself, then Danielle is going off about how we don’t pay her enough attention when in reality she receives almost all of the attention! I still don’t even understand how we all are best friends; we’re all from different backgrounds and have different personalities. Well, I guess opposites really do attract.

---------------------------------------------------------

“Honey, I’m home!” I yell out to my mother who was now in the kitchen making something delicious.

 The smell of a sweet treat whiffed into my nose causing my salivary glands to produce more than needed. I threw my bag near the staircase and ran into the kitchen to see the black haired lady retreating apple pie from the oven.

Apple pie is one of my favorite treats, well the word for my favorite treat is actually ‘ApplepieIcecreamCake’. Ridiculous, I know but when I was eight my mother had asked me what I wanted to snack on. Having the appetite that I have I wanted more than one thing, and I had to think up something smart and witty. This is how the word ‘ApplepieIcecreamCake’ was formed.

“Your home already?” my mother says taking off the mittens she was just wearing. My mother was absolutely gorgeous she had short black silky hair and long smooth legs. She was “losing herself” a bit but that’s what age does. I must say when I get that old I want to look just like her.

“Oh, it’s so lovely to see you to mum” I say sarcastically while approaching the pie as if it was my prey and I didn’t want it to notice me.

“I was going to get to there, I just wanted to know why you were back so early first” she smiled walking over to the table to sit down and I soon was following behind her with my piece of the sweet treat that had a gallop of vanilla ice cream on top.

“Well,” I began and told her exactly what happened. My mother isn’t just a mom she is my best friend also. Whenever I have a problem she is the first person I would go to. Ever since the boys left we became very close knit which is a positive to all of that madness. She also understood me better than anyone else and gave me advice that I actually could use.

“Autumn…” she said looking dead at me tracing letters onto the table. “ You know you’re over him, right?”

I looked at her, sheer shock was written all over it. Did she just tell me I was over him when I wasn’t? I think I wasn’t…It was hard for me to speak so she continued on.

“You’re just using him as an excuse to be moody and eat all the food you want without feeling guilty.”

My face was still stuck in the position it was before. Was she right? She’s always right, I was just using him as an excuse I had other problems but I just didn’t want to show them. I finally closed my mouth and found words to say.

“You’re right” I say silently but loud enough for her to hear me.

“Dear I’m always right, you should be paying me!” she says and we both began laughing.

I knew it was time to empty out everything that reminded of him, us. It didn’t hurt any more thinking of him because the whole time it never did hurt.

“I’ll be off now” I say immediately getting up from the table leaving  the ice cream melting over my apple pie, I moved quickly towards the stairs picked up my bag and towards my room on the second floor. It felt like I could breathe again.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

I am so sorry I took so long with getting this out and that it is so short. I had three other alternatives to this. Three times is how much I did this over. I felt like this here chapter was kind of vital to the story and I didn't want to mess up or anything. I hope you enjoyed and liked the gif! Like,Comment ,Vote. :-)

Love,

:~Cathy~: